PDA

View Full Version : VSFilter problems! Please help!

Raging_Inferno
26th September 2003, 05:49
heres my current avisynth script

LoadPlugin("d:\DVD Tools\MPEG2DEC.dll")
mpeg2source("D:\Initial d\initial d.d2v")
BicubicResize(480,480)
LoadPlugin("d:\DVD tools\VSFilter.dll")
Textsub("D:\Initial D\Initial d.srt")
LoadPlugin("d:\dvd tools\decomb.dll")
FieldDeinterlace()

problem is that the subtitiles do funny things. When the text pops up, a larger version of what appears shows up behind the words, kinda like shawdow that outlines the words. Anybody know whats up?

I also tried to use a ssa file instead but then vsfilter gives me a strange "Syntax error at line 2956!" message.
Am i of need of another plug in to make the ssa work?

Dreassica
26th September 2003, 06:20
try moving the textsub line AFTER fielddeinterlace and fielddeinterlace before resizing. :sly:

Raging_Inferno
26th September 2003, 06:36
LoadPlugin("d:\DVD Tools\MPEG2DEC.dll")
mpeg2source("D:\Initial d\initial d.d2v")
LoadPlugin("d:\DVD tools\VSFilter.dll")
LoadPlugin("d:\dvd tools\decomb.dll")
FieldDeinterlace()
Textsub("D:\Initial D\Initial d.srt")
BicubicResize(480,480)

still the same :(
is there any commands to edit vsfilter? like to make it bold or the font bigger?

how about getting ssa to work? that might fix the problem

sh0dan
26th September 2003, 07:46
You might get additional help here (I'm leaving a redirect in the AviSynth forum).

michaelang
26th September 2003, 07:47
Are you using "Initial d.srt.style", the PlayResX: and PlayResY: might give the wrong size.

Raging_Inferno
27th September 2003, 01:59
Initial d.srt.style ?
PlayRes?
uh.... i kinda lost ya
isn't the file pretty much a text file? so how would it be able to edit it

michaelang
27th September 2003, 04:55
If you use "Gabest\VobSub\subresync.exe", it will create another style file. All the interesting settings of the VS is in there.

If you still have the problem, maybe you should resize after the subtitle, VSFilter may work with limited 4:3 or 16:9. Hope thats help.

unmei
27th September 2003, 15:59
PlayResX and PlayResY are optional items in the first SSA section ( [ScriptInfo] ) setting one is enough if your video is about 4:3, i set only PlayResY and in my experience a good value is about 90% of the video height, so for a 576 height video i would set:

PlayResY: 480

or a bit more. Actually i think it should be the video height, but for some weird reason, i get better results with only about 90% of it =.=

About the "double subs": if your subtitle file has the same name as the video itself, like initial_d.avi and initial_d.srt, and is in the same directory, the second subs are autoloaded soft subtitles from DirectVobSub (or VSfilter) ..to avoid this and only see the hardsubbed result, either disable VobSubs autoloading, or better, rename the srt to not have the same name as the video (of corse you will have to adapt the srt name in the VD or Avisynth filter accordingly).

Duncan_07
28th September 2003, 08:06
An other thing, put the Textsub line at the end of your script.
If you change the resolution, the subs may become crapy.