PDA

View Full Version : Help a noob

Elad.k
22nd September 2003, 22:35
well i want to change the subtitle in a dvd-5 i have and i saw the guide on the sticky but being a real newbie its too difficult to understand...
i have the matrix reloaded and its already dvd-5 (i hope so - if dvd-5 means 4.5 gig's then its dvd-5) but i dont understand how to use ifo edit and vob edit and what the hell is remux and what is the main video...
can ne1 make an idiot's guide to changing subtitles?

smiller667
23rd September 2003, 01:21
Hi & welcome to the board (and next time pls. don't mention any pirated items, you are violating the forum rules you accepted before posting here).

I _guess_ you want to "inject" hebrew subs into the dvd or replace another sub stream with the subs you want.

AV such as it is found on a DVD (or SVCD) consists of separate streams for audio, video and subtitles. Muxing and demuxing describes the process of joing or splitting those (also check doom9's glossary for a more detailed explanation of those terms). Also read doom9's (re)authoring guides on how to identify the main movie.

Demuxing vobs can be done with vobedit, "DVD Author" in ifoedit does the muxing for you. See this link (http://users.pandora.be/rudy.stremersch/index.html) for more information on how to use ifoedit.

Demuxing a vob with vobedit will give you separate streams for video (m2v or mpv), audio (mp2, ac3 or dts) and subtitles (.sup). In order to add new subs, you will have to convert yours into .sup format using a tool like srt2sup mentioned in the sticky. I have no experience in doing this for non-latin characters, though.

As described in the sticky, use your own .sup plus the audio & video you obtained for muxing in ifoedit.

This is a very rough overview only, I hope it can get you started.

Elad.k
23rd September 2003, 12:16
thanks i'll try it
(and sorry)