PDA

View Full Version : problem with SSA playback

Nimo
21st September 2003, 15:46
I have a problem when writing SSA sub. First after all, everyting seem to be good. when i'm finished half-way. And test by using Windows Media Player(9 Series)+ffdshow. Everyting still seem to be ok. But...after i'm done write the rest half(file size are now greather than 50k). And then test, my subtitle no longer show anymore(It's disappear!). Moreover, when i'm cut out half of my subtitle and try again. My subtitle reappear...(file size are now less than 35k)
After that i'm using VirsualDUB + SSA-filter to display sub. Yes, it's now appear. But i'm not going to do that. I wanna use Win-Media-Player+ffdshow in order to display my sub.(That SSA-size are exceed than 50 k)
Anybody can help me please? Any solution of this?
PS. I'm using subtitle scrip, downloaded from www.doom9.org
Sorry if my English is terrible. If you are not understand something i've told. please ask me again.

Liisachan
28th September 2003, 13:34
Originally posted by Nimo
I have a problem when writing SSA sub. First after all, everyting seem to be good. when i'm finished half-way. And test by using Windows Media Player(9 Series)+ffdshow. Everyting still seem to be ok. But...after i'm done write the rest half(file size are now greather than 50k). And then test, my subtitle no longer show anymore(It's disappear!). Moreover, when i'm cut out half of my subtitle and try again. My subtitle reappear...(file size are now less than 35k)
After that i'm using VirsualDUB + SSA-filter to display sub. Yes, it's now appear. But i'm not going to do that. I wanna use Win-Media-Player+ffdshow in order to display my sub.(That SSA-size are exceed than 50 k)
Anybody can help me please? Any solution of this?
PS. I'm using subtitle scrip, downloaded from www.doom9.org
Sorry if my English is terrible. If you are not understand something i've told. please ask me again. I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do (will that be hardsub?) but, possibly you have a line in a wrong format in the latter half.

Let's say you had 1000 lines in SSA or ASS, and just one line (say, line 800 ) was in a wrong format, then all the sub might be suddenly invalid for TextSub.vdf, and all the subs would "disappear" as you said. for instance, if you wrote
Dialogue: 0,0:22:01.17,22:02.13,Default,Someone,
when you had to write
Dialogue: 0,0:22:01.17,0:22:02.13,Default,Someone,
this one line would make all the subs invalid (note that 0: in 0:22:02.13 is missing in the 1st one)

Filesize is not the problem at all. SSA can be bigger than 1MB and just works fine.

Nimo
10th October 2003, 14:27
Hmm...Filesize is not the problem at all. Thanks, I'll remember that. And BTW i'll try to find error dialogue as you said.
Thanks for your help!

esby
16th October 2003, 08:35
Did you try to load the ssa in substation alpha ?

(Do a copy before)

And check if the sub is correctly loaded,
if a big number of lines are dropped,
search why :)

You could try textsub too.