PDA

View Full Version : [SSA] How to overlap within a single line?

Schlumpf
15th September 2003, 20:37
Hello folks!
In order to give my karaoke a bit of style I planned on zooming the syllables in and out again.
I found that zooming is no problem, but what disturbed me was the "MS Word" behaviour that comes with it. Meaning: Whenever a syllable is zoomed, the rest of the sentence is pushed aside, so that this syllable does not overlap other letters.
My current scrip contains these lines:
{\fs28\t(0,95,\fs40)}{\t(95,190,\fs28)}ki{\fs28\t(190,300,\fs40)}{\t(300,410,\fs28)}ko
and so on for the following syllables....
What I would like is a script, where the letters zoom in and out and *overlap* the letters besides them and _not_ push them away.
I'm using Avisynth 2.52 and Gabest's VSfilter 2.29 in order to load the SSA-Script into VD Mod.

Any kind of help is appreciated.

unmei
19th September 2003, 18:45
i just recently saw this behavious in some respectable fabsub groups release, and i know others have it "fixed", now my guess: those who "fixed" it, did not use a pure avisynth/ssa or ass solution but were actually doing the karaoke and effects using some software like premiere or vegas and effects from after effets and the like.

While these of course do give you more flexibility in special effects its worth thinking about it first before switching, as you will most likely loose video quality when working with such a software

- i have not yet seen a non linear editor and filters for it that work in a pure YV12 chain and also its needs quite some attentativity to ensure it does not resize or apply any further processing and then you had still to save to VBLE (big!) for not loosing more quality by encoding once more etc