PDA

View Full Version : Subrip on P4 with HT

N_F
31st August 2003, 19:13
Quite recently I bought a new computer, more specifically a P4 with the new Hyper Threading technology. In case you don't know, Hyper Threading kind of simulates dual processors.

Since then I haven't been able to open Subrip properly, I get the message "Subrip.exe has encountered a problem and need to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." we all hate to see (I'm running XP). What makes it a bit strange is that it usually (!) works when I set it in compability mode for windows 98.

As the HT technology doesn't work with windows 98, I believe Subrip have a problem with this technology and also perhaps normal dual processors.

Is anyone else running Subrip succesfully on a P4 with HT or a dual processor computer ?

Other ideas?

Edit: Just found http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57776&highlight=hyper+threading which seems to bring up something very similar with DVD2SVCD.

Edit2: Just read that thread more thoroughly and it's in fact the exact same problem. Perhaps the author (who is the author nowadays? Zuggy?) could talk to dvd2svcd?