PDA

View Full Version : Any way to get DoItFast4U/ReAuthorist to use BatchCCEWS?

idbirch2
27th August 2003, 00:08
The title says it all really. With the development of ReAuthorist seemingly stopped is there anyway to use BBWoof's sequel to DoCCE4U?

Eyes`Only
27th August 2003, 01:06
"BBWoof's sequel" was released after he expressed to me that he desires not to be associated with the DoItFast Suite of tools, so it will not be technically supported, as it isn't one of ours, or endorsed by myself. People may find hacks to make it work (obviously you can rename it and put it in the *correct* directory), but as of this moment there's no desire to tweak my app to support an outside source that clearly wishes to not associate.

The only changes that were made we already have workarounds for, except for the svcd stuff which is useless to us anyway. He did not address anything else besides 2 things that were so long outstanding that we had to develop workarounds for. Unless he forgot to include something in the changelog... so there's really no gain for a user.

BBWoof
27th August 2003, 02:51
It should still work with DoItFast4U (if it still exports a CCEData.txt file), and ReAuthorist (which I know does). You just have to manually load the file with the from the File -> Load File List menu commands.

BBWoof
(No Longer Associated with the DoItFast Tool)

hendrix
8th September 2003, 02:01
It works :D

D3s7
8th September 2003, 16:44
BBWOlf:

The filename flip for field order fixed from last DoCCE4u or is it the same?

BBWoof
9th September 2003, 03:58
I thought Eyes put a fix for that in his app, if I changed it now it would flop all of the people who are flipping with his.

If I'm wrong, let me know.

BBWoof

D3s7
9th September 2003, 04:05
No he did....

Was wondering if you left it in which case I'll leave my Doitfast settings the same or if you fixed it in which case I have to uncheck that

Sorry to hear your kinda going your own way but still a great app

lrosado
24th September 2003, 17:46
Hey EYES,

What 2 workarounds were you talking about. I know about the filename flip for field order fix, what's the other?

And BBWoof

Which Text file am I supposed to import in BatchCCEWS? The CCEData.text or the ReAuthorist_NewCCEData.txt?

Eyes`Only
24th September 2003, 18:15
Originally posted by lrosado
Hey EYES,

What 2 workarounds were you talking about. I know about the filename flip for field order fix, what's the other?

The other fix was the workaround we developed to be able to use CCE 2.67.00.11, which you can find here (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60003&highlight=2.67.%2A)

lrosado
24th September 2003, 21:22
Thanks EYES for the fast reply. So you think there is no real benefit or a big difference between DoCCE4U 1.0.1.5 and BatchCCEWS?

Originally posted bye Eyes' Only

People may find hacks to make it work (obviously you can rename it and put it in the *correct* directory), but as of this moment there's no desire to tweak my app to support an outside source that clearly wishes to not associate.

Doesnt work. How did you get it to work?

D3s7
24th September 2003, 21:57
Batch is just a newer version however as stated more then likely will never be integrated in DoItFast as BBWoof wants to be more on his own.

Not sure what more you'd want.... as of right now nothing's new/changed/improved to warrant a switch

lrosado
24th September 2003, 23:29
thanks for the reply. just checking to see if it was worth the upgrade or just stick with Docce4u. Guess I'll stay with DoCCE4U for now.

Eyes`Only
30th December 2003, 07:36
update: DoItFast4U! 1.4.1 now fully supports choice of DoCCE4U or BatchCCE.

Samurai
30th December 2003, 09:48
that put a smile on my face :D