PDA

View Full Version : Clone dvd for full dvd backup ?

chriskeatley
19th August 2003, 14:56
At present I am backing up my dvds with dvd decrypter, dvd 2 one and nero 5.5.9.0 and I am just doing the movie only in file mode.

It works ok but I want to backup the whole dvd. I have read posts on clonedvd but no real comparisons or recommendations. Some people say it is fussy about encryption and protection

What is the best one click dvd copy prog I should buy that is fairly idiot proof

win xp pro
athlon 850
512 ram
fairly old dvd rom drive
pioneer 105 burner
ritek 4X -R media

If this thread is in the wrong place pls let me know

killingspree
19th August 2003, 15:41
Originally posted by chriskeatley

It works ok but I want to backup the whole dvd. I have read posts on clonedvd but no real comparisons or recommendations. Some people say it is fussy about encryption and protection

well honestly i've never tried clonedvd, but i'm not really this 'trade quality against speed' guy anyway :)
what i would use though is DVDshrink, as it is definitely fast and has some nice features. AND it's free ;)

a lot of people also seem to be using pinnacles instant copy 7. i haven't tried it either though ...

if you want the best quality possible for your full DVD backups you should take a look at the big3 + scenarist! this method is rather time consuming though!

What is the best one click dvd copy prog I should buy that is fairly idiot proof

rule 12 (http://forum.doom9.org/forum-rules.htm) :)

win xp pro
athlon 850
512 ram
fairly old dvd rom drive
pioneer 105 burner
ritek 4X -R media

If this thread is in the wrong place pls let me know
come to think of it, with your computer, i'd probably go for DVDshrink. big3 will definitely be slow as hell (encoding time: 24 to 48 hours AT LEAST)

oh and it was the right forum, although the 'one click backup solutions' forum would have been ok too...

hope this helps
steVe