PDA

View Full Version : @gabest: how can I use DVobSub and DivXG400 at the same time?

arman68
25th July 2003, 10:40
@Gabest,

Just in case you do not know, DivXG400 is a Direct Show filter specifically for the G400. It works *in* the video overlay, and does a few useful things: pads the video to a multiple of 32 (necessary for the Matrox overlay), automatically crops sides or top to fill in the TV screen (4:3 or 16:9) according to a user defined percentage, adds user defined borders to compensate for overscan, shows subtitles, and a few more things. IMHO it is a very useful filter which can be used with any graphics card.

The problem I have the subtitling engine is not as good as the one from DVobSub, and I would like to use DVobSub to display the subtitles along with DivXG400. it does not work though: I can only get one or the other of the 2 filters loaded at once, but not both of them at the same time. Any idea how to do it?

FYI DivXG400 works in YUY2, and I would like a solution that can be used with any player, not just one that requires a custom graph building.

An alternative solution would be to implement the important features of DivXG400 into DVobSub. I have seen that the source of DVobSub is available and I might try to do it, but I will have to learn C++ first ;-)

DivXG400 is available at: http://www.tac.ee/~prr/videoutils/divxg400.html

Schultz
26th July 2003, 09:40
IIRC DVobSub can do most of all the things that DivXG400 can do. .
On the general tab you ahve Mod32 fix.. You also have features to extend or crop out to 16x9, 4:3, also you have certain lines you can extend out to. I think the only feature that it don't allow you to do is add user defined borders for Overscan.

arman68
26th July 2003, 10:46
Originally posted by Schultz
IIRC DVobSub can do most of all the things that DivXG400 can do. .
On the general tab you ahve Mod32 fix.. You also have features to extend or crop out to 16x9, 4:3, also you have certain lines you can extend out to. I think the only feature that it don't allow you to do is add user defined borders for Overscan.

I agree DVobSub can do lots of things that DivXG400 can. However it is not as effective and easy to configure as DivXG400, which is a shame, because it just needs a little bit extra work to get there. For example: DivXG400 has user defined percentage relative to the full screen size which make it very simple to adjust the crop settings once and for all. The black borders to compensate for overscan are also extremely useful.

Anyway I have found how to use both filters at the same time late last night. Here is how to do it:

1. configure DivXG400 to force loading of the filter, also clear the subtitle path to prevent it from displaying subtitles as well.

2. configure DVobSub to load when needed (or always). When both filters are loaded however, the picture is flipped vertically (but not when only DivXG400 is loaded); to solve it enable flip picture vertically

3. additionally you can setup ffdshow to load as well to perform some post processing: disable all codecs in ffdshow (unless you want to decode with ffdshow), except Raw Video. Set it up to use the overlay mixer as well and disable YV12 if your card does not support it (eg: Matrox)

I think the video filters are loaded in this order:

1. decoder
2. ffdshow
3. DivXG400
4. DVobSub

FYI I now use Crytal Player free version to play the video on my HTPC which has a great looking full screen interface, all on the video overlay.