PDA

View Full Version : Add/replace DVD subtitles

Vampir
21st July 2003, 15:25
I'm fairly new to DVD Authoring and I'm not really interested in learning how to author a DVD all the way.
I would just like to add or replace DVD subtitles without loosing the menu.
What would be the easiest/quickets way?
Yes, I've red a lot of posts here and played with common utils like Scenarist, Maestro, DoItFast3U, DoccE4u,...the guides are helpfull, but I haven't found one for just replacing subtitles.

Wouldnt it be possible to just edit VOB files (if a utility exist) without authoring, since I only need to edit images and the size should remain the same.

oddyseus
21st July 2003, 18:18
Such a utility doesn't exist yet.

The only way to add/replace a substitle stream is by reauthoring the vobset and follow the ifoupdate/ifoedit method. This is the simplest it gets for now.

Vampir
24th July 2003, 03:59
tnx

Can you point me out to the Guide for "reauthoring the vobset"?

oddyseus
24th July 2003, 09:01
By 're authoring the vobset' I mean that u have to use an authoring program such as Maestro, Scenarist, dvdlab etc to recreate the original structure in regards to pgc, audio streams, subs etc. this said, u can use any guide that describes your program. U can find guides about Scenarist, Maestro and others in the guides section of doom9 site.

After finishing re authoring, u have to use the ifoupdate method that will update the pointers in the newly authored ifos with the details of the originals. A basic guide comes with the program itself, in a readme file. It describes the procedure pretty well. If u need more info u'll probably find hundred of threads about it since the subject has been discussed a lot in the forum.
I would recommend the monster thread (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17400) that started all. If u haven't done it already.

I 'll more than happy to guide u through each small step u have to take, pointing u to the right direction or explaining things in the way.

Don't know your level of expertise so I can't really suggest where to start from, but we all be here to help u when the 1st prob shows up.