PDA

View Full Version : help with cutting out commercials

dvd_maniac
15th June 2003, 05:44
I use an ATI AIW 9700 pro to capture in vcd format. When I use TMPGenc's Mpeg Tools to cut the commercials out and join back together it seems to mess up the vcd compliance. I try to import it into recordnow max and burn it but it doesn't play on my standalone. When I import it into Nero it has to re-encode it. Is there another tool as easy as mpeg tools to cut and join vcd files?
I have read the capture guide and I do not think it would work for me as I capture over 8 hours a day for 5 days before I edit them up and archive them on vcd or dvd-r, so Huffy would take up my 240GB's before I could get to them on saturday

Lord of the Discs
17th June 2003, 01:32
just to be sure, have you set the type to "MPEG-1 Video-CD"
in TMPgenc

LotD

oddyseus
17th June 2003, 13:10
There r numerous programs to edit a mpeg video stream.

U can use Adobe Premiere
Frameserve the video to virtually any NL editor, although u should re-encode it after editing

Mediaware's M2-Edit Pro
Vitec's Mpg2Pro, both of them can edit without re-encoding.

PS. I have mentioned these proggies so many times that maybe I should make them a sticky.

PS2 this thread (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47112&highlight=NLE+editors) has a nice discussion for NL Editors that might interest u.

jshumate
20th June 2003, 18:51
The only editor I use for MPEG video is MPEG2VCR. You can find out about it at http://www.womble.com. It sells for $125 US, but it's worth every penny. If you think $125 is too much, keep in mind that a lot of people, including me, paid $250 at one time for it. It's frame accurate and has some nice tools like the ability in the multiplex to move audio forwards or backwards as much as you want (this can fix most sync problems) and an audio editor (doesn't work on MP3 though). You can buy a MPEG-1 only version for $50 if you like.

dvd_maniac
20th June 2003, 23:43
That worked like a charm. I feel pretty silly about that one. I thought it just cut and merged the streams, I didn't think it did anything else to them..
Saved me about 1/2 hour a day, THANXXX...