PDA

View Full Version : How do I compress VOB files to fit on one DVD-R disk?

Mad Dog
7th June 2003, 06:24
I know this is basic stuff for all you techies but us newbies have to start somewhere.

I use DVD decryptor to get the VOB files off the commercial DVD but the agregate size of the VOBs are too large to fit on one DVD. Also, in DVD decryptor, should I be using Mode "file F", "IFO" or "ISO" (stupid question, I know)? What program should I be using to compress the VOBs? I'm hoping someone can help me out with this or point me in the right direction. My only other recourse will be to purchase DCDCopy Xpress from 321 Studios. I just don't have the free time to do the extensive research required to put this all together. Hoping I can get the help from this forum.

Hiro2k
7th June 2003, 08:24
Then you should start here.

http://www.doom9.org/mpg/dvdbackup-guides.htm

Read the Guides at the main site first before posting.

ammck55
7th June 2003, 08:26
Welcome to the forum:

Home page > Guides > DVD/miniDVD > DVD backup guides

The DVD backup guides page will present you with options ranging from full backups to partial backups to "one click backups", such as DVD2One and DVD Shrink. The one-clicks may meet your criteria for required research, but some time spent in this area is unavoidable.:D There's a complete forum devoted to "One click backup solutions", if this is the route you take.

A simple search on DVDDecrypter will provide you with advice on the options it offers, and you can also check out the guide on it while surfing through the extensive selection of guides offered here at Doom9.

Lurk and learn. Enjoy the ride. Your thread title was an excellent start.

ammck55

Edit.....Hiro2k--I didn't see you before I posted, see how slow I am?

Mad Dog
10th June 2003, 10:19
Thank you all for you help! I'll try some of the suggestions and look at the link.