PDA

View Full Version : NOOB help with capture card choice...

bobn4burton
30th May 2003, 22:30
I wanna say right off that I have used the search option. And yes I have read the various threads that came up. However, I'm still having trouble deciding which capture card is right for me.

I basically want to capture video from my video camera. It has an s-video output so I need an s-video input on the capture card. I have a fairly tight budget (meaning less than $100). I have a good system (p4 @ 3.2 Ghz, 1Gig RAM, plenty of fast hard drive space...).

So for my budget, should I try to find a cheaper real-time encoder card, or just try to capture and compress using cpu time? Anyways, I have looked at the leadtek tv2000xp deluxe and the Prolink Pixelview PlayTV USB 2.0 solutions. Are either of these any good? What other recommendations do you have for my budget?

I basically want to capture the best quality video as possible within my budget.

bobn4burton
6th June 2003, 20:45
bump...:)

Ookami
6th June 2003, 22:45
Hi. I doubt that you can find any RT encoding card for that budget anyway.

Have you thought buying maybe even a used card?

I would suggest that you take a longer look at the MSI TV anywhere, many forum users have praised it so there should be something to it ;) .

But, it's always better to only trust your own eyes and taste. If you can test the cards before buying (if you're in the EU that should be possible, anyway).

Cheers,

Mijo.