PDA

View Full Version : Encrypted Subtitle??

nanji
28th May 2003, 00:10
I have a lot of DVDs with encrypted subtitles. i dont know how to describe these subtitles but they are not the same as normal DVDs'. the subtitles are like the TV captions when I play them in my DVD-Player. I tried to use the latest DVD Decrypter to rip the DVD with IFO mode. the IFO file i got is under 100k, which is normal. then i tried to rip the subtitle from the file, there was no language available to choose. i also tries DVD Decrypter with file mode, it was the same. can anyone tell me how to rip the subtitles from DVDs like this?:confused:

oddyseus
28th May 2003, 11:59
U must be talking for Close Caption subtitles. These require a special technic and tools to work with.

DoItFast4U is capable of handling CC. There is a member here that has developed a number of utilities to extract CC streams.

I currently can't remember the nickname or the tools'. U should perform a search on the board.

nanji
29th May 2003, 05:33
would the person be Eyes`Only?

DoItFast4U! 1.1.1
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53253&highlight=DoItFast4U
is this the software you were talking about?

McPoodle
29th May 2003, 05:56
Eyes`Only's DoItFast4U is one of the packages that use my tools, and if you're comfortable using that, good for you.

If on the other hand you prefer to do your own re-authoring, or if you're making your own DVD's based on your own video captures, then you might want to look at SCC Tools, a set of command-line tools for extracting, editing, and encoding closed captions (which are an entirely different beast than subtitles). For example, you can use VobSub and one of my tools to rip the closed captions from a DVD and convert it into the format expected by the high-end DVD authoring tools (Scenarist, DVDMaestro and DVD Studio Pro), or to the format used by VCD's and SVCD's. You can also get the captions from TV shows or video tapes (if you've got the more common kind of video capture card) and use that as a start to creating subtitles.

With any luck, the web page (http://www.geocities.com/mcpoodle43/SCC_TOOLS/DOCS/SCC_TOOLS.HTML) for SCC Tools should answer any other questions you have on the subject. If not, post away.

--McPoodle

oddyseus
29th May 2003, 07:57
Sorry McPoodle, I should have known better. I was in a hurry at the moment and couldn't search for your nick. :o

Well nanji, you have all the info u need.

Happy hunting.

nanji
30th May 2003, 02:10
i tried DoItFast4U but it did not work either because the basic rip engine it uses is still DVD Decrypter. :scared:
so i will try your SCC tools then tell ya the result later. thx McPoodle!:cool: