PDA

View Full Version : VobSub 2.23: Only seems to demux 0x20, and 0x21 correctly?

brashquido
7th May 2003, 03:11
Hi All,

I have a similar problem with incorrect subtitle colours when using Vobsub through DoItFast4U 1.1.0.15 as descibed in this (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51810) thread, except that the first 2 subtitle (0x20, and 0x21) streams are fine.

Gabest said in the thread above that he had discovered a bug in VS filter which may cause the problem with incorrect subtitle colours. This is fine except that the first 2 subtitle streams with my projects seem to be uneffected. I've tried this on 2 different movies now, and the problem is consistant across both of them.

Anyone have any idea of what might be causing this (see this (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52179) thread for more details of my problem)?

gabest
7th May 2003, 13:05
Did you use the latest vsconv.exe? The color mapping was left out from the header of sst. Check if these are there:
PA (0 0 255 - - - )
E1 (255 0 0 - - - )
E2 (0 0 0 - - - )
BG (255 255 255 - - - )

brashquido
7th May 2003, 13:53
Seems to be;

From the 0x22 Nederlands subtitle stream which looks to be there in all SST files.

PA (0 0 255 - - - )
E1 (255 0 0 - - - )
E2 (0 0 0 - - - )
BG (255 255 255 - - - )

The only differences I've been able to find are;

At the top of all forced SST's, and non forced english SST's (which are the only Subtitle streams that seem to work as the original) there is the following underneath the header information;

SP_NUMBER START END FILE_NAME
Color (10 3 8 3)
Contrast (13 15 0 15)

In the same spot on all the SST files for the subtitle streams that don't appear as per the original there is the following;

SP_NUMBER START END FILE_NAME
Color (3 3 8 10)
Contrast (15 15 0 13)

The other difference is that the BMP's created for all the subtitles streams that don't appear to work as the original are different in colour. It also only appears to be happening for VTS01.

I tried manually creating the IDX and SUB files with VobSub 2.23, howevr they come out the same as the files created through DIF4U.

:confused:

gabest
7th May 2003, 14:07
I remeber now, I tested exactly your idx/sub with the netherland language!

After putting back those four lines, the preview in scenarist looked correct. Isn't the same for you?

brashquido
7th May 2003, 14:16
No, there was no difference :confused: . If it worked for you (and Eyes 'Only it would seem), then the problem is obviously between the chair and the keyboard at my end ;) . If you have time are you able to break down the procedure you're using to a n00b level? Thing is it's happening on all my projects, so what ever I'm doing, atleast it's consistant :rolleyes: .

gabest
7th May 2003, 14:25
1. "vsconv -i VTS_01_VSUB_P1A1.idx -o .\test\t -f scenarist -id 2" (directory .\test must exist)
2. Deleted everything except the first three and upped here: http://www.gabest.org/test.rar , please test it in scenarist.

brashquido
8th May 2003, 00:41
Thanks Gabest! I didn't get to try it last night as it was getting too late, but I'll give it a try tonight.

brashquido
8th May 2003, 04:22
Didn't get to try it on my Bad Company project, which is the one I've been refering too. But I did get to try importing a subtitle stream manually with My Big Fat Greek Wedding which also had the same problem and the subtitles look perfect, atleast in the simulation window anyway. Thanks Gabest :D ! So the problem I'd say is somewhere in my SCP script.