PDA

View Full Version : Can you frameserve the output of one program into another program?

sync
6th May 2003, 20:43
I think I read somewhere that this is possible with VirtualDub but I can't figure out how to do it in Avisynth.

sh0dan
6th May 2003, 21:27
You've read wrong ;)

Seriously though, you need a specific plugin for each app. to be able to do that. There is a plugin for premiere -> AviSynth, and IIRC there was another one from Vegas -> AviSynth on D9's front page recently (DDogg - help me here ;) ).

Maybe if you named the app(s) you'd like to do this with, it would be easier for us to help you.

sync
6th May 2003, 22:46
Thanks. I'm not sure what apps yet. I'm wondering if it's possible to split an avi into audio and video streams, encode them and then mux them without creating any intermediate files.

DDogg
6th May 2003, 22:46
sync, I'll make you a deal, you do a better job expressing what you want to do in detail and I'll do my best to show you how, or direct you to somebody that can do so better.

Edit: Not enough detail in the post above or below. What source? Most importantly, what is the destination format? Is multiple disk cutting required?

sync
7th May 2003, 01:27
Here's a scenario:

-take an avi and split it into an audio file and a video file
-encode the audio and video files
-mux the files

I'm wondering if it's possible to use Avisynth to eliminate any of the disk space required by the temporary audio and video files (particularly the large unencoded ones).