PDA

View Full Version : robot4rip ripped my subs... Great! Now what?

Bishamon
6th May 2003, 19:00
I posted this in the GK-forum, but so far no one has replied, so I repost in thes forum.

I've been trying to make sense of the Subtitle-guides, but I can't (I'm sorry, but my skull is a bit thick)...
I've got the .rar with the .sub in it, but where can I use it? Is it for selectable subs or subs encoded into the picture?

Anyone here care to give me a step-by-step example from an actual movie?

I've gotten the forced subs to work, but I'm struggeling with the optional subs. Care to give me a push in the right direction?

Bishamon
6th May 2003, 19:09
Well, part of what I'm wondering about is this:

My BSPlayer (0.86) activates the Subtitles option when only the .idx is present. Can it read the .sub from a .rar or must it be uncompressed? Do I even need the .ifo?

tasplaa
8th May 2003, 12:51
WHAT KIND OF CD ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE?SVCD,CVD.DVD?

Bishamon
8th May 2003, 13:00
Jeez man, don't scream...

I'm making regular XviD movies...

smiller667
8th May 2003, 13:35
I don't use Bsplayer, but directvobsub instead ... just put the uncompressed subs into the same directory as your avi, give them the same name as the avi, and you'll be fine.

Bishamon
12th May 2003, 15:01
Originally posted by smiller667
I don't use Bsplayer, but directvobsub instead ... just put the uncompressed subs into the same directory as your avi, give them the same name as the avi, and you'll be fine.

Waste of space... Compress the subs with RAR and cut size by ~80%. I use DirectVobSub too...

ultimatebilly
12th May 2003, 15:15
Yeah, Vobsub has an unrar.dll...
Just give the idx and the rar file the same name as your movie, and use whatever player you like...
In the right bottom of your task-bar you will have a nice green arrow, with righ-clicking on it you can access some nice settings...

Bishamon
12th May 2003, 15:21
Originally posted by ultimatebilly
In the right bottom of your task-bar you will have a nice green arrow, with righ-clicking on it you can access some nice settings... I noticed... Finally got rid of that yellow colored sub...

ultimatebilly
12th May 2003, 15:22
Some people like those...:D

Bishamon
12th May 2003, 15:31
Originally posted by ultimatebilly
Some people like those...:D I preferr it as outlined white or pale gray