PDA

View Full Version : How to use downloaded subtitles.

student
6th May 2003, 14:13
Hi everyone,
I have dvds here (in australia) that usually dont have spanish subtitles. So i want to download spanish subtitles. Can you please recomend a good site to d/l subtitles? Also i found out that most of the subs are in .sub format. I will putting those subs onto a DVD-R with doitfast4u method. So i will be using those subs in scenarist. Can someone please help me to achieve this. How can i change .sub file into .sst and also how to generate the bmp from it? Also the time seems to be different from the other subs that on the original dvd allready. Do i need to change those time codes and if yes then how? Please help.
Thanks in Advance.

ultimatebilly
6th May 2003, 14:48
Since you live in australia and therefore in a PAL-region, you shouldn't have to worry about the timecodes that much, because if you get subs with 25fps you should be fine...
You can use subresync to convert them to a sst-script (included in Vobsub), or you can use subtitleworkshop.
You will probably have to edit the sst-script per hand...
I for example always delete all information regarding color-mapping from it prior to importing into scenarist, because otherwise the scenarist color-mapping-settings are overridden...
About getting the subs: I don't think you will get help with this from anybody here, because subs are protected under the same copyrights as anything else on a dvd...

ultimatebilly
8th May 2003, 12:40
What I said first doesn't work...
Here is a link to a guide how to convert srt to something scenarist can read:
http://www.doom9.org/mpg/ccguide.htm