PDA

View Full Version : Req help with categories for new filters list

FredThompson
6th May 2003, 13:16
Some of you are aware I created and maintain the links lists on Donald Graft's site (major update posted yesterday, btw.)

Well, I've got a new one in development and I'm asking for design inputs.

The new page will list as many AviSynth and VirtualDub plug-ins/filters/addons as possible givings contact info, home page, version #, dl location, etc. (What I have in mind will be quite different than any of the lists that exist currently.)

I'd like some input concerning the categories to sort them into. MPEG-2 parsing, noise reduction, edge enhancement, logo insertion, etc. are examples of categories that will be on the page. Actually, I'll probably break noise reduction into 2 categories, VHS and other...

In any event, I'm interested in any constructive feedback about categories that would be useful. Frankly, I'm a little burned out after manually verifying every link on the existing page and dont' feel too creative right now but would like to keep some momentum going, hence the reason for this request.

6th May 2003, 16:49
Hi Fred,

We fully trust your judgment! Make the categorization and then we'll **** about it if we don't like it. :)

FredThompson
6th May 2003, 21:01
Oh, I'm "outed."

Yeah, this is an attempt to head off complaints and flames about the 1.0 release ;)

I'm also toying with the idea of screen shots a la doom9's codec comparison or some of your filter pages but don't know how truly helpufl that would be. Was (re-)browsing some of the noise filter threads again last night and thought of that.

sh0dan
6th May 2003, 21:23
If you'd just kill off some of the bright colors, it'd be much better. My eyes just doesn't react well to high chroma values ;)

The FAQ seems a bit misplaced IMO - It would just be more "logical" for me to have it separately.

Just my 0.05

FredThompson
6th May 2003, 21:33
Color choice was an attempt to show 2 generations of "newness" so folks can easy scan for additions/updates.

Red and pink seemed to make sense. You're right, though, the red is a little too harsh. I'll tone it down in the next update.

Yup, have been planning to pull the FAQ out for a while. Got a few other projects in the "thunking" stage and that stuff was to go. The chart makes sense for this list but the other stuff has grown to a point it should be pulled.

--

There's a 0.02 piece, ya know. Does seem kind of silly to me. Maybe just a dig at the American breakdown of denominations ;) Good thing is, it's fairly easy for both continents to guess as the "real" price of something. Lira used to drive me nuts.

sh0dan
6th May 2003, 21:43
Nice! :)

I see I completely forgot to actually write how nice it is to have such a nice reference site. Your efford is very much appreciated!