PDA

View Full Version : backup with new subtitles

dvds201
6th May 2003, 06:06
Hi, I'm looking for a way to make a DVD backup but I want to add/change the subtitle. I know a way using an authoring software but it's a lot of work and it takes too much time. So to make a long story a short one for example I have American Beauty and I want to put a spanish subtitle that a downloaded. Hope u can help me.
Thanks!!!!

DVDS201

rere
6th May 2003, 09:23
1. Rip the main movie on HD.
2. Demux all streams from the ripped movie (m2v, ac3's, and sup's files) with Vobedit.
3. Use Srt2Sup to obtain the necessary sup file from your srt subtitle (the srt file that U have must be syncronized with the movie).
4. Use IfoEdit in DVD authoring mode to remux everything back (including your sup file).
5. Do not forget to paste the color map from the original ifo into the new ifo.
6. U can burn your new movie on a blank DVD. If U want to preserve all the other features from the original DVD just copy everything into the VIDEO_TS folder (excluding the main movie files) and burn that folder on DVD.
All the necessary software is freeware.
!!! Of couse is not that easy as I decribed above, but theese are the main steps.
So, good luck and let me know if U have problems.

ppera2
6th May 2003, 13:48
rere:

It's all OK. But I want to change subtitle color. Is some way to achieve it with this methode?

I did it with harder way - reauthorizing DVD with DVD Maestro, made pics for titles with Maestro SBT etc...

rere
6th May 2003, 15:11
ppera2:

It could be. U have to obtain the srt files for all your subtitles and re-render everything back to sup using the color setings from srt2sup program.
It seems to be much faster this way only if u have few subtitles (because the character matrix used by subrip usualy is the same for all the subtitles) or if U already have the srt files.
I also tried another method but is an experimental one: author a very small movie with your own subtitle color palette (using an real authoring software) and copy those colors into your ifo file (using IfoEdit). It works for me, but but depends of what authoring software is used and what color settings are in place when rendering with MaestroSBT.
Unfortunattely I made this experiment few months ago and I don't remember the color settings that I used.

XCPU
6th May 2003, 15:58
Dear rere,
If I follow your step to backup my DVD with subtitles, is that possible to keep the original menu in my new backuped DVD?

Thanks!

ppera2
6th May 2003, 16:06
Ahh... another 6 MB download :(

rere
7th May 2003, 13:55
To XCPU:
Yes U can. First time when I succeded this way I backed-up a DVD9 "A beautiful Mind" to a DVD5, adding romanian (I am from Romania) subtitle and keeping everything (menus, special features etc.). The only problem is that the new added subtitle is not selectable from menu.

XCPU
9th May 2003, 03:42
Thank you,rere.
Would you please tell me how to add new subtitle and keep the original menu when I backup my DVD9 or DVD5?I don't care if that can be seleted by menu,it can be selete by remote is enough!

More detail, more helpful.Couse I am really a new.

Thank you!!!

rere
9th May 2003, 08:33
To XCPU:
1. Rip (back-up)the entire dvd on HD (using DVD Decrypter, Smart Ripper, etc.). U will have all the files in a VIDEO_TS folder.
2. Use a one-click DVD back-up solution (like DVD2ONE or Pinnacle Instant Copy) if your original DVD is a DVD9.
3. Demux the main movie into .m2v, .ace and .sup files using vobedit (demux all existing streams - U have to check that before using vobedit by opening the main movie ifo into Ifoedit)
4. Be sure that your external subtitle is syncronized with the movie. If not, try to syncronize it first.
5. Use SRT2SUP to obtain the sup file from your subtitle (be sure your settings are the same with the movie format: 720x480 for NTSC or 720x576 for PAL).
6. Open ifoedit in authoring mode and mux all the elementary files (including your sup).
7. Back-up the original ifo's in another folder.
8. Put the main movie files obtained on step 6 into the VIDEO_TS folder (from step 1. or 2.). U have to select ONLY the movie files (ifo, bup and vob), not the video_ts.ifo and video_ts.bup.
9. Do not forget to copy colors from the original main movie ifo (backed-up on step 7.)and paste into the new main movie ifo (using ifoedit).
10. If U are a lucky guy your job is done. If not, U will have problems with the new subtitle colors ..... well, I have no theoretical solution for that. U have to try some other color settings in srt2sup on step 5.

I didn't try yet submux-dvd (it seems to be a nice tool). As soon as I will know how to use it I'll make a post.

Good luck !!!

XCPU
10th May 2003, 16:57
Me too,rere.

when I use subrip 1.17 to convert my txt file into srt file, it gave me the format like this:

00:00:28,601 --> 00:00:31,000
who are you?man?
00:00:31,200 --> 00:00:34,300
benny, sir.
00:00:37,400 --> 00:00:40,500
where are you from?

and then I use srt2sup to import this srt file as a text,the program responsed these messege:

OPEN SRT file as Text
Parsing File: D:\subtitle\test.srt
No X1 found!!!

and then terminated!

I don't know which step done wrong, but I think that must be the subrip step, maybe the file format is wrong.

It make me down and feel so sorry to disturb you for that stupid question once and once.:( :(

XCPU
11th May 2003, 16:37
Now I using SRT2SUP v3.05,the new version "Now accepts SRT files without extended position data and badly terminated SRT files (ie no blank lines at the end)", and I can convert srt file into sup format. But in the preview field, I found that just appear a gray bar and can't see any text, is that work right??

ppera2
11th May 2003, 17:31
Just edit colors in settings...

XCPU
12th May 2003, 07:14
Thank you, ppera2.

I have edited the color and it works fine, now I can add a new subtitle into the movie, but problem is, I add two original subtitle and one new subtitle(total is three),but when I preview the new dvd that authored by IFOedit with POWERDVD EX,I just can view one subtitle, and I have paste the "sub color" and save the ifo file.
Of course, the menu doesn't show!

Do you know why?

Thank you!

rere
12th May 2003, 09:41
To XCPU:

Open the main movie ifo using IfoEdit.
Select from the upper window VTS_PGC_1 and look on the bootom window at the subpicture streams statuses: the subpicture format must be the same as the movie format (4:3 or 16:9), otherwise only the first subpicture stream will be shown.
U can modify the subs format by double-click on subpicture stream status and changing the numeric value.
If U don't know what value to use, I'll make U a list.

Good luck !!!

XCPU
13th May 2003, 16:20
I can keep the menu down and at the same time I can add a new subtitle now, but I don't know why problem always follows me!Now, I don't know how to edit the subtitle color!

Because the original DVD doesn't has any existing subtitle, so I don't know where can I copy the subtitle color from. The menu highlight color is red, how can I edit the subtitle in srt2sup?

rere
14th May 2003, 08:27
@XCPU:

Don't use srt2sup.
Just copy the subtitle color from a ifo that has subtitles - another movie, another DVD - (with IfoEdit of course).

XCPU
14th May 2003, 14:22
I did it, but my subtitle has a color background. Any mistaken??

spannick
4th June 2003, 20:19
i am using srt2sup now very good BUT I have one problem....
the subs are always on the same high position - when i make new subs with srt2sup they are halfway above the lower black bar in a 2.35 Movie in NTSC (Two Line Subs).

if i disable Autocenter,i can position them where i want of course - but with 900 subs for a Movie its kinda HARD to get them all where i want them to be (in the LOWER BAR!) ,isnt it??? :devil:

svcdentro
11th June 2003, 15:27
I followed the guide and everything is fine but the subtitles are wrong, i think it's because i don't do the 9 step:
9. Do not forget to copy colors from the original main movie ifo (backed-up on step 7.)and paste into the new main movie ifo (using ifoedit).
Because i don't know how to, if you could explain this point detailing steps please because i open an ifo and then go to SUBTITLE COLOR in ifoedit but it always says ERROR YOU MUST SELECT A PGC IN IFOEDIT TREEVIEW! I don't know what to do! Please help me.

rere
12th June 2003, 11:27
@ svcdentro
1. open the original main movie ifo into ifoedit
2. into the upper window click on VTS_PGCITI, then click on the VTS_PGC_1
3. go to subtile color menu and select copy colors from this PGC
4. open your ifo without quiting ifoedit, follow the step 1, select subtitle colors menu and paste colors into this pgc.

good luck!

Gigahot
10th August 2003, 00:56
Hi.
Very usefull quick guide , tnx to rere

freakzz
18th August 2003, 15:34
Hi,

great guide, just what I was looking for. I followed it except for that in step 9 I had to use the colors from a different DVD as mine didn't have any subs from which I could copy the colors. My only problem now is that my subs look kind of "fuzzy". The edges are jaggy (plz see capture).
http://www.boomspeed.com/freakzz/PDVD_000.jpg
Now on a PC the subs are still (sort of)readable but once I burn the DVD and pop it into my standalone the subs just look awful. I guess I'm having some kind of a resolution-problem (?) - but I have no idea how to fix it or where I might have gone wrong.

Any insight to my problem is appreciated. Thanks!
Cheers,

Vampir
21st August 2003, 04:55
A simple question. How do I demux with VobEdit? I also couldn't find a guide or anything. Tried button Demux.

rere
21st August 2003, 14:34
@ freakzz:

That's a tipical case of bad luck .... all U have to do is to try another font (character set) in srt2sup.
I can't tell U which one is the best 4 U (however U should try a true type font).

Good Luck !!!

freakzz
21st August 2003, 17:12
thx rere, I'll experiment a little with the fonts. just the fonts right? the colors in srt2sup are unimportant as I'm later changing them with IFOedit anyway - correct?

cheers,

Vampir
21st August 2003, 20:36
Now to a little more advanced question.
I succesfully added the subtitles. First of all the Color Settings in SRT2SUB do make a difference.
My problem is that I wanna keep the menu and everything. After the VOBs were made I ranamed them to the previous names and copied the VOB, IFO and BUP to the rest of the DVD files.
It didn't work.
Then I just copied old IFO and BUP over the new and it works (I'm not talking about VIDEO_TS.IFO) Almost.
The secondary subtitles don't work.

What did I do wrong? And more important is it OK to keep the old IFO or is it gonna cause problems later (perhaps on a DVD player)?

mephist0
22nd August 2003, 01:10
wait' 5days ouch, now can write :D

i'm newbie in dvdauthor' but that thread learn me sth.

now i got cauple problems/unknowns

1. i synchronized many divx but got few players that can display/edit text when i watch' movie. With dvd this is hard 4 me, what progs or method do u use to do that synchronization think when u want add subs?

2. i do my first dvd work, subs are green :). yep i'm blind and soon find solution (copy/paste color from org ifo) but, something is not ok and i test that in 2 different dvds. I got white orginal subs. Converting txt2srt, srt2sup (yellow text black outline spare red ...) second time other diferent colors. I got freak results one time red box and transparent text, second time gray text with transparent outline, other time red txt with blue outline.I always copy color form orginal IFO. Any solution?

3. added subs, now got movie with orginal + that mine subs. When i play movie one of them are ON default. can i disable it?

4. same problem as Vampir got. wanna keep all the rest from orginal dvd i do (8. Put the main movie files obtained on step 6 into the ..........video_ts.bup.) and in result i go only movie without all the rest. I didn't try Vampir method/result (Then I just copied old IFO and BUP over the new and it works... ) but for me its obvious that old IFO didn't got info about new subs.

any1 could help me?

ps: sorry for my english, maybe u understood something :)

rere
22nd August 2003, 16:01
Guys, be supportive, I'am a beginner as U all ..... and I am still experimenting various methods, so, if anyone has a solutions, please post-it.

Let's take the problems one by one:

1. Syncronizing -- in order to author the movie is necessary to demux-it into m2v and ac3 file. It's quite simple to mux these two files into a mpeg and play your subtitle text file together with the mpeg file. I do not use any specifically program, but I prefer subrip. I just note the start time of the first subtitle and the last subtitle, compare to the movie sound and image (any movie player shows the time code) and try to adjust the time of the srt file using subrip.

2. Colors -- no direct answer to your question but here's what I usualy do in order to avoid such kind of problems:
before obtaining the sup file using srt2sup I import one of the existing sup file from the original movie into srt2sup and compare the color scheme.

3. Default subtitle -- yes, can be disabled ..... just search this forum, there are a lot of threads debating this subject (if U still have problems give me a post)

4. New subtitles are not playable -- as I post-it before for XCPU:
Open the main movie ifo using IfoEdit.
Select from the upper window VTS_PGC_1 and look on the botom window at the subpicture streams statuses: the subpicture format must be the same as the movie format (4:3 or 16:9), otherwise only the first subpicture stream will be shown.
U can modify the subs format by double-click on subpicture stream status and changing the numeric value.

Good luck to U all !!!

mephist0
29th August 2003, 00:46
ad1. DONE
ad2. DONE (manual :D )
ad3. still working on
ad4. DONE

kitsaros2000
31st August 2003, 22:37
any hope with the colors ? i tried all the ways and the colors are blue with white border etc ... I really need help :( :mad:

mephist0
1st September 2003, 12:53
i got same freak color probs, copy/paste org ifo information don't work 4 me so i do it manualy:

try:
Color 0 Y Cr CB 16 128 128 [10 80 80 ]
Color 1 Y Cr CB 32 128 128 [20 80 80 ]
Color 2 Y Cr CB 128 128 128 [80 80 80 ]
Color 3 Y Cr CB 235 128 128 [eb 80 80 ]

don't have right now my notes but if i good remember color1 is text, color2 outline. Now u must find best hex for ya. For me that method works.

kitsaros2000
3rd September 2003, 01:08
this combination works !!! :D thx !!! :sly:

ukendt
6th September 2003, 19:07
I use myself those tricks (didn't know other do before I read it).
Ain't it worthy to make it sticky:confused:

mephist0
6th September 2003, 21:31
in new srt2sup u got ifo colors option so always got good settings for new subs but orginal looks not good so i still working on 4.02

Tr0n
19th September 2003, 09:36
Thx for the great guide! I managed to import my subtitles, change sub-picture stream status and color.

But I'm having troubles keeping the menus in-tact. Here's how Finding Nemo VOB structure looks like:

VIDEO_TS.BUP 14.336
VIDEO_TS.IFO 14.336
VIDEO_TS.VOB 116.736
VTS_01_0.BUP 98.304
VTS_01_0.IFO 98.304
VTS_01_0.VOB 512.509.952
VTS_01_1.VOB 1.073.565.696
VTS_01_2.VOB 1.073.565.696
VTS_01_3.VOB 1.073.565.696
VTS_01_4.VOB 762.636.288
VTS_02_0.BUP 18.432
VTS_02_0.IFO 18.432
VTS_02_0.VOB 116.736
VTS_02_1.VOB 42.422.272

As you can see, VTS_01_X also has a 500 MB VOB file which contains moving menus, samo extras and so on. Now, when I remux the movie/ac3/sub stream, the menu definition gets lost. The original VTS_01_0.IFO files has menu entries, when I open it with IFOedit.

My question therefore is, since the main movie file already has 1 additional subtitle build in, if you can enable one aditional stream (ID: 0x23) and set all the settings in the original VTS_01_0.IFO file? Any ideas? :)

Canuck
20th September 2003, 07:21
Hi Rere,

Thanks for the guide. This is just what I want but I still have one more problem.

Here is my case. I have a 007 moonraker DVD which no subtitle at all. So I download English & Chinese subtitles from web.

I was able to re-mux the subs with video/audio. Luckily I had no syncronizaion problem. But I had to manually change the color code per your instruction. Everything works great on pc using PowerDVD.

But the subs are not working on my topset. I was able to switch between English & Chinese using remote but no subtitle is displayed on TV. It seems like the subs format doesn't match the movie format which is 16:9.

Below is what is inside my VTS_PGC_1:

Sub-picture stream 1 status -2147483648 [80000000]
(4:3): 0
(wide): 0
(letterbox): 0
(pan&scan): 0
Sub-picture stream 2 status -2130640640 [81010100]
(4:3): 1
(wide): 1
(letterbox): 1

BTW, here is video setting:

Title Set (Movie) attributes:
Video: MPEG-2 720x480 (NTSC) (NTSC 525/60) (16:9) (letterboxed)
Audio 1: English (Dolby AC-3) 6CH 48Kbps DRC (ID: 0x80)
SubPicture 1: English (2-bit rle) (ID: 0x20)
SubPicture 2: English (2-bit rle) (ID: 0x21)

I just don't know how to change it. Any suggestion?

Thanks

Tr0n
20th September 2003, 12:26
This was already answered by rene.

Look @ http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47879&highlight=subtitle+status

GL! :)

Canuck
20th September 2003, 18:22
Thanks.

I already changed the subpicture's status but still can't show both subtitles on my topset. It works perfect on my pc.

Sub-picture stream 1 status -2147483648 [80000000]
(4:3): 0
(wide): 0
(letterbox): 0
Sub-picture stream 2 status -2130640639 [81010101]
(4:3): 1
(wide): 1
(letterbox): 1
(pan&scan): 1

The strange thing is I can't even see the first stream (0x20). Maybe there is something wrong beforehand.

Here is what I had after demux:

VTS_01_01.80.ace
VTS_01_1.m2v

I added two subtitle files into that folder:

VTS_01_20.sup
VTS_01_21.sup

Then I used vobedit to remux them together. I had to manually change the color code.

Any help?

Tr0n
21st September 2003, 08:39
So, hmmm, any ideas about by problem? :)

Canuck
21st September 2003, 18:12
Originally posted by Tr0n
So, hmmm, any ideas about by problem? :)

Look @ http://users.pandora.be/rudy.stremersch/menuidiot.html.

Hope that help.

Tr0n
22nd September 2003, 10:13
Thx, but I already know where the menu is. The problem is, the menu and the movie use the same .ifo file, that is VTS_01_0.IFO and if I demux the movie/audio/subs into the new structure, the menu specifications get lost.

Elad.k
22nd September 2003, 13:13
I have the movie already in dvd-5 but i want to add hebrew subs - what do i do from here?

Canuck
22nd September 2003, 18:19
4. Be sure that your external subtitle is syncronized with the movie. If not, try to syncronize it first.

Hi Rere,
Everytime I have to remux the m2v/ac3/sup files back into VOB file to test the syncronization using PowerDVD. I believe there must be an easy way to do it directly. Do you have any clue?

Thanks,

rere
25th September 2003, 19:55
@Canuck:
Yep!
Put togheter the m2v and ac3 into a mpg.
Use VPlayer or any other movie software player to play the mpg with the srt.
The rest of the process is just a problem of syncronization between eyes and ears.
If U already have a syncronized subtitle (in some other language), use Subrip to make the time shiftting, having the good (syncronized) subtitle open in a notepad window.
If U have a such subtitle in a sup file, use srt2sup to import it and see the time bookmarks.

Good luck !!!

Tr0n
25th September 2003, 20:00
If you have a MPEG2 codec installed you can open direct VOBs with Subtitle Workshop and sync subtitles. But as soon as you skip to a specific position on the movie, the display of subs gets out of sync. That happens with any known software player.

Rene: Any idea about my problem? Keeping the menu structure when adding subtitles? :)

Srt2Sup
13th October 2003, 16:01
Hi, If you use the latest version of srt2sup a4.03 it is much simpler to set subtitle colours. You do not need an IFO file to copy them from because srt2sup give you the data to match it's colours to the DVD colours.

Get the latest version from www.shipleys.eclipse.co.uk

Regards

srt2sup

zozoka
21st October 2003, 06:39
I have a problem adding new subtitle to a DVD.

Using the guide i demuxed all the movie, audio and subtitles, and i changed one of the subtitles with my subtitle , but after i authorize i got in the ifo a shorter playback time then original (original 1:26:16 , and the authorized 1:07:10.
The movie is ntsc 16:9.
With poverdvd everything is ok (subtitle and all) , but when i try to play it with my standalone player (pioneer) the counter stops on the display at 8 sec , and after a short time (about 5 sec.) the picture freeze.
If i skip to the next chapter the counter on the display jumps to the time of the chapter, but not count, and same thing, the picture freeze after 5 sec.

What is wrong ?

Thanks

Tr0n
21st October 2003, 08:37
Did you author with chapters (celltimes.txt) in IFOedit?

zozoka
21st October 2003, 09:08
Yes , i get the chapters celltimes.txt from the original ifo.

HellSpam
23rd October 2003, 09:48
Hey, I followed the guide and got it to work... kinda. I added heb subtitles, got new .vobs and .ifos, put them together with the original. Now the problem is the menu doesn't work. It gets stuck right at the beginning. I kinda fixed that by putting the new vobs with the original .ifo and editing it with ifoedit and replaced one of the subs with the one I added. But it also isn't perfect... it stops at the end of every chapter on my dvd player, and the time isn't right either. So my question is how to do it right? My original .ifo has multiple pgcs and pgc #7 is the movie. My new .ifo of course has only 1 pgc. Maybe the problem is there? Any idea anyone?

B00gieman
23rd October 2003, 21:48
Aren't any auto tool (software) to make this automatic???:p :devil:

what about submux-dvd????

Elad.k
24th October 2003, 16:56
Whats submux - dvd ?

B00gieman
24th October 2003, 21:51
I don't know much thing about this software but if you make a search on the net you will find information.
The ony thing that i knows is that is a LINUX software to make our lives simplier:p ... you choose your dvd source... choose another subtitles (txt, sub, srt), the program will demux and author your dvd with the new subtitle... no more vobedit end ifoedit and the problem with the colours and the menus.

smiller667
26th October 2003, 14:07
It does mux OK - but the vobs will be too large (>1GB) and won't be "aligned to" the 2k block size. Most burning apps won't like them without additional processing.
Plus in order to display at all, you of course have to edit the ifo - otherwise it is just "not there".

ReX Madgere
27th October 2003, 00:47
Originally posted by Tr0n
Any idea about my problem? Keeping the menu structure when adding subtitles? :)

Open new ifo-file in ifoedit - in menu tool press on "Merge Menu Tables" - choose original ifo-file and press "save" :)
You must check "VTSI_MAT" section - "number of audio stream in VTSM_VOBS" and "number of Sub-picture stream in VTSM" - necessary is correct their - in my ifos it was reset to 0.
Not forget "Get VTS sector" on VIDEO_TS.IFO :)

PS It's working on movie with 1 pgc. I not tested other movie.

sesko
30th October 2003, 17:56
i manage to add subtitles to dvd wich had just one vob VTS_01_O,VTS_01_1... but when i add subtitles to dvd wich has many vobs like VTS_01_0....VTS_02_0...than it dont wont to play subtitles.I dont know what to do.In first one i replace my subtitles with one that had already been on dvd.But it dont want to work on dvd which has many vobs.

TomSem
25th November 2003, 21:00
hi all,
big thanks too all people explaining srt2sup
A good help for srt2sup is very hard to find
I have successfully added my french subs to my movies
but a have one anoying problem.
when i paste the original ifo colors into the new remuxed ifo
the original subs (english ) is ok but the new (french) sub is black.
The reason is that original subs uses color 2 (black) for outline and srt2sub uses color 2 for font. So fixing sub 1 will mess up sub 2.
How do i tell modify the .sup file (#hex) or how can i modify ifo edit to use the same color number for the same font ?

Hope somebody can help me
Sorry for my bad english

dmelendez
25th November 2003, 23:12
Canuck
Have you solve your problem with subtitles that dont play in your topset? I am having the same problem
:(

tbrunner
27th November 2003, 13:43
Can someone give settings for colors, outline, font and font size for Srt2Sup which resulted in a good readable sub title on dvdplayer/television?

Thank you.

dmelendez
27th November 2003, 16:40
I have done a simple test with IfoEdit.

I have demux a movie that plays fine in my DVD home player, subtitles play fine too. I have used VOBEDIT.

Now, I have a M2V file, a AC3 file, and a SUP file. I have used IFOEDIT in DVD author mode to put the same files together again.

The result is the same Movie that I have from the beginig with the same audio and subtitles... BUT the subtitles dont play in my DVD home player, it works fine in my PC

Is this a bug from IFOEDIT? I only have this problem with 16:9 movies
4:3 movies always works fine.

any help? Canuck had the same problem...somebody knows if he solve it?

thanks

Canuck
27th November 2003, 21:57
Originally posted by dmelendez
Canuck
Have you solve your problem with subtitles that dont play in your topset? I am having the same problem

No luck yet :confused:

castellanos
13th February 2004, 01:31
Hi, It is interesting to know what shows your IFO file, the subs streams should have diferents parameters, if not the DVD player will play only the first of them.
This numbers should help.

Subtitles stream (4:3)

1 (-2147483648)
2 (-2147417856)
3 (-2147352064)
4 (-2147286272)
5 (-2147220480)
6 (-2147154688)
7 (-2147088896)
8 (-2147023104)
9 (-2146957312)
10 (-2146891520)

Good luck!

dbasulto
21st March 2004, 23:47
i siggest you guys to use rejig (http://www.rejig.org) for remuxing, since ifoedit cant handle NTSC. the interface for authoring is the same, it just adds the option to select pal-ntsc...

dbasulto
22nd March 2004, 13:21
i've done this all over and over again, and im still getting "freeze" while playing the first few seconds of chapter 1 (then it skips all of a sudden to chapter 2), but being able to rewind from chapter 2 and it plays ok...with all menus and susb working fine.
when i demuxed, and then remuxed, the movie had one subtitle file, which i REPLACED with the one on my language... could it be that the problem? because if i kept the original one, and added mine on the remuxed, it goes ok but i cant choose my newly added subs. i tried to increase the "number of sub-picture streams in VTSM" with ifoedit under VTSI_MAT, but still no work :/

any further ideas?

ekway
15th June 2004, 12:16
i followed this tip Xperience with color new sub and menu (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71217&highlight=Xperience+with+color+new+sub+and+menu),and when done,i tested the movie(D5) with a new subtitle i added,but can't be displayedIIi couldn't see any words when selected the 2nd language(the first one can be displayed).perhaps from this step,as the article says:"VIDEO_TS.IFO you dont need it
VIDEO_TS.BUP you dont need it

All these files(except het last 2) I copied to a new dvddirectory FNNEW/VIDEO_TS,Because I want to hold the menustructure I also copied to that directory: (my question:"I also copied to..."means the new files in the fn_org directory contain VTS_01_1.VOB 1.048.574
VTS_01_2.VOB 1.048.574
VTS_01_3.VOB 1.048.574
VTS_01_4.VOB 750.164
VTS_01_1.IFO 98
VTS_01_1.BUP 98 as same as in the FNNEW/VIDEO_TS directory??)

FN_ORG/VIDEO_TS.IFO
FN_ORG/VIDEO_TS.BUP
FN_ORG/VTS_01.0.VOB 500.498kB (Menus)
FN_ORG/VTS_02.0.VOB intro Pixar etc.(my question:why renamed the file name?)
FN_ORG/VTS_02.1.VOB
FN_ORG/VTS_02_0.IFO
FN_ORG/VTS_03_0.BUP

Open IfoEdit:
select OpenButton: FN_ORG/VTS_1_0.IFO
doubleclick VTS _PGCITI and then select VTS_PGC_1
Mnu Tools->SUbtitle Color -> Copy form this PCG

select openButton: FNNEW/VIDEO_TS/VTS_1_0.IFO
doubleclick VTS _PGCITI and then select VTS_PGC_1
Mnu Tools->SUbtitle Color -> Past into this PCG

my question:if in the fn_org directory's files are the same as in the fnnew's,then "copy from this PGC,past into this PGC" is insignificantCam i right?

(My colors didnot work so i changed them later on manualy:
in VTS_PGC_1:
color 0: 10.80.80
color 1: 10.80.80
color 2: eb.80.80
color 3: d7.80.80
The original subs are now gray with a white outline, my own sub is beatiful white with a black outline)
(see below:update 1 - using remap)

To keep the menu's :
menu->merge menutables : FN_ORG/VTS_1_0.IFO

select the savebutton.
GOTO VTSI_MAT (in the upper window)
set (in the lower window)
number audiostreams in VTSM to 1
number subpictures streams in VTSM to 1

push the savebutton again."

AtomicShroom
25th June 2004, 02:36
Edit: Nevermind, fixed it. Sorry.