PDA

View Full Version : XviD credits bug when IVTC in avs

N_F
25th April 2003, 07:35
Sorry I'm late, but I only just started using XviD so I didn't discover it earlier (and I notice you've already released RC). I noticed a bug with XviD credits when doing an IVTC operation in the avs-script.

As it is, the credits limits are automatically sent to the XviD configuration, but based on 29,97 fps. As I do an IVTC the amount of frames will of course decrease by 20% and the frame limits for the credits will be way too high.

Possible solution should be something like when "IVTC in avs -> correct Frame Count" is checked, the frame numbers sent to the XviD configuration should first be multiplied with 0.8 (and rounded to integers I guess, I don't know how XviD handles fractals)

Also, when you select IVTC in the "save .avs" window an information box will come up. It seems that when you have done this and then open another d2v-project this message box will appear once more.

As a side note: I think the warning message is a bit misleading; while the first parts are fine I doubt Force Film should be considered "much more reliable way to IVTC". A "real" IVTC will always give better or identical results, though at the cost of speed (as you certainly know, I'm pointing it out anyway :)). No big deal... I just think it might be confusing to newbies.

Morbo
25th April 2003, 08:50
Ill try to replicate that,I dont think Ive had any trouble..

Ive been testing DIVX so.....

N_F
25th April 2003, 09:15
@Morbo - Note that the credits for DivX and XviD are handled completely different. This problem only exist for XviD.

len0x
25th April 2003, 11:58
Good!
will multiply that by 0.8
(and actually I found one more bug in the credits section of XviD)

N_F
25th April 2003, 12:07
Originally posted by len0x
(and actually I found one more bug in the credits section of XviD)
May I ask what?

len0x
25th April 2003, 12:10
if you use defaults (and hence don't press XviD settings on encoder window) credits were not picked up at all :)

p.s. I have no NTSC sources at the moment to test 0.8 multiplication properly. So I'm gonna release it anyway - lets hope it works :)

N_F
25th April 2003, 12:18
Will it be released within a few hours or will it just be included in the next bigger release?

len0x
25th April 2003, 12:22
:)

len0x
25th April 2003, 12:28
No installers yet, so I'm not announcing it globally

N_F
25th April 2003, 12:35
I'm looking at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=77391 and I can't find it. Is it somewhere else?

len0x
25th April 2003, 12:36
Originally posted by N_F
I'm looking at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=77391 and I can't find it. Is it somewhere else?

correct, don't you see "GKnot 0.28 Final just exe" ?
(may be it's refreshing problem...)

N_F
25th April 2003, 12:47
I do now. I've downloaded it but I will most likely not be able to report back how it works until monday. Perhaps someone else can test it and report back faster.

Thanks for the quick update! As I'm currently doing a series where I want the credits encoded in constant quant this is most appreciated :)

BTW, I assume the multiplication is only done when the box is checked (I'm sure you wouldn't do such a mistake, but I thought I'd ask anyway)?

len0x
25th April 2003, 13:57
Originally posted by N_F
BTW, I assume the multiplication is only done when the box is checked (I'm sure you wouldn't do such a mistake, but I thought I'd ask anyway)?

You bet I wouldn't :)
Everything's fine there...

N_F
26th April 2003, 00:23
I was able to report back sooner than I thought.

I'm sorry to say it's not fixed. The frames sent are still as they would in 29.97 fps (that is, no multiplication of 0.8 has been done).

len0x
26th April 2003, 08:03
Originally posted by N_F
I was able to report back sooner than I thought.

I'm sorry to say it's not fixed. The frames sent are still as they would in 29.97 fps (that is, no multiplication of 0.8 has been done).

Solution: do not press codec settings. If settings are picked up from defaults - frames will be corrected then. (There are too many places when correction had to be made - I missed those buttons).
But at least we have a workaround :)

N_F
26th April 2003, 23:25
Ok, good to know. I'm always in the habit of pressing the config buttons to see that everything's ok, but as you say, it's a workaround.