PDA

View Full Version : unknown header when muxing subtitles

tcw
23rd April 2003, 05:35
Hello all you out there helping novice people like me.
I have been using DVD2SVCD for a while and I use CVD style subtitle and it's been working great on my APEX player. Now I'm trying to mux in a 2nd subtitle stream into the MPEG file using WinSubMux but it never worked. I tried several different MPEG files but I always get tons of "unknown header" and "skipped XXX bytes of garbage" errors. And the muxing speed is extremely low.

Is there something wrong with the MPEG file or the subtitle bitmaps? Perhaps their positions? But even if I use the original ".sub" file generated by DVD2SVCD I still get the same error.

Thank you for your kind help.

Ted

P.S. a follow up question would be if the subtitles are muxed in after the movie is already encoded, do the subtitles have to be resized too? i.e. the movie is encoded and resized from 720x480 (DVD format) into 480x480 (SVCD format) which means the subtitles ripped out of the vobs would have wrong size and position?:)

tcw
24th April 2003, 18:48
Since no one has replied to my question, I was wondering if I could post this question to other forums within doom9, such as the DVD2SVCD or the SVCD Encoding/Authoting ?

Thanks in advance. Just don't want to be a pain in the neck.

-ted