PDA

View Full Version : Subtitles in an already encoded svcd

vascosaavedra
22nd April 2003, 18:07
Hi.
I have several svcd without subtitles.
Is it possible to insert permanent subtitles in the mpeg file ?

Do anyone knows any solution?

Thank you very mutch for your answers. :)

rere
28th April 2003, 17:26
Yes it is !
Convert your subtitle in SSA format.
Use Maestro SBT to open the .ssa file, save the work as subtitle submux .sub file, use rendering 8 bit uncompressed (insted of what the documentation says 4 bit is not working) and choose the output format (SVCD NTSC or SVCD PAL), leting all the other options as their are by default. Choose your timing (don't use drop frames), choose a bigger font size from the style button, and generate the .sub file and bitmaps.
After that, U have to mux your mpeg file with the bmp's. I ussualy use WinSubMux. Its very easy to use but U have to know what type of subtitles your DVD player is compatible with (SVCD or CVD).
The final step is to burn your subbed MPEG on CD. The subtitling can be shown only on stand alone DVD players, not on PC.
All the necessary software is free (search on software section of Doom9).
Good luck !

ciper
28th May 2003, 02:19
Então vasco .. também andas nestes foruns ??
Andamos os dois ao mesmo!! ;D

Edit:
Translation ----

Hi there vasco ... you in here?
we're both after the same subject!! ;D

End translation ----

sorry about that...

waldok
28th May 2003, 13:18
Ciper, I'll get three barrels of these..

English please. Or use PM.

Waldok:cool:

smiller667
28th May 2003, 22:24
Subs inserted using reres method will be non-permanent, i.e. your DVD player will have to support SVCD or CVD-style subs. Playback of those selectable subs on a PC is currently not possible.
If you want "burnt-in"-subs you will have to reencode (and accept a loss in quality).