PDA

View Full Version : Using more than one language stream for subs

clodomiro
16th April 2003, 20:32
Hi, I've been looking for an easy way to add subtitles to divx movies, and so far direct vobsub has been real good, I use it along with BSplayer. My problems start when I have more than one subtitle stream, because the only way I have to make directvobsub start along with BSplayer is by giving the .srt the same name as the .avi, so when I have two streams (spanish and english) or even worse four streams (normal spanish/english plus forced subtitles in each language) I have to put each stream in a different folder, as I can't have 2 or more files with the same name, and tell directvobsub to look in all those folders. The actual problem comes when I playback, as I don't have a way to tell directvobsub which of all the streams it should use at start (I still haven't made a lot of divx's, but usually it chooses english over spanish, and forced over normal), so I have to manually go to the task bar, right click the directvobsub icon and choose from 4 different choices, all with the same name, all this every time I restart the movie; and it gets worse as I always use 2 or more discs when compressing a dvd, so every time BSplayer switches to the second cd, I have to tell directvobsub once again which stream to use, as it always reverts back to whatever it chose as default.
I use SubRip for the subtitles, and output as .srt, I wonder if the problem lies there somewhere. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

A.Lanza

alexnoe
17th April 2003, 06:36
AVI-Mux GUI. It can currently process SRT and SSA subtitles. However, I don't know how to set a "standard subtitle" yet

Fasola_Jan
18th April 2003, 04:17
Try this:

MovieName.Italian.srt
MovieName.German.srt
MovieName.Polski.srt

etc.

movmasty
25th April 2003, 22:55
Originally posted by clodomiro
Hi, I've been looking for an easy way to add subtitles to divx movies, and so far direct vobsub has been real good, I use it along with BSplayer. My problems start when I have more than one subtitle stream, because the only way I have to make directvobsub start along with BSplayer is by giving the .srt the same name as the .avi, so when I have two streams (spanish and english) or even worse four streams (normal spanish/english plus forced subtitles in each language) I have to put each stream in a different folder, as I can't have 2 or more files with the same name, and tell directvobsub to look in all those folders. The actual problem comes when I playback, as I don't have a way to tell directvobsub which of all the streams it should use at start (I still haven't made a lot of divx's, but usually it chooses english over spanish, and forced over normal), so I have to manually go to the task bar, right click the directvobsub icon and choose from 4 different choices, all with the same name, all this every time I restart the movie; and it gets worse as I always use 2 or more discs when compressing a dvd, so every time BSplayer switches to the second cd, I have to tell directvobsub once again which stream to use, as it always reverts back to whatever it chose as default.
I use SubRip for the subtitles, and output as .srt, I wonder if the problem lies there somewhere. Any help would be deeply appreciated.
A.Lanza
i usually use two sub files when playing english movies, italian and english, i keep the english with the movie and if i want to get the italian i move it to the ONE sub-folder i have set in vobsub.

Vobsub automatically picks up the sub in the designed folder before of that together with the movie.
if i want to get back to english i just remove the italian sub from that folder.

clodomiro
26th April 2003, 04:29
@movmasty

No, do what Fasola_Jan suggested to me, that works perfect, and you just tell Vobsub what do you want as the default language. I still wish I could use BSPlayers default subtitles anti aliased (so I just press a button to change languages instead of going to the taskbar for vobsub) but vobsub works fine.

A.Lanza