PDA

View Full Version : Subs+OGM's+ZoomPlayer=Mess!

oddball
14th April 2003, 22:59
OK I have mentioned this to Blight and he says it's the fault of the person who wrote the subtitles filter for OGM's and not his player. Who is correct here?

Problem: When playing back OGM's with subtitles in them you have to 1. select the langauge track then 2. move the video backwards/forwards slightly to get the subs to display. Stopping and then playing does not seem to make them appear.

Fix for single audio track OGM's is to enable all streams in OGG splitter. But this is not really an option with dual audio OGM's.

OGM's display subs fine with BSPlayer.

So is this a fault with Blight' player or the filter?

It's driving me crazy as I watch a lot of anime.

midi
16th April 2003, 03:34
It's the ogm format's fault in general. ^^ It has terrible subtitle support. No muxing .sub in so it's bad for ripping, no muxing ssa/ass in so it's bad for anime. Instead they have some crummy thing they worked out on their own that isn't even well supported. T.T

You can try using directvobsub for playing that file back instead of subtitds. I've used it successfully on ogm anime that uses the built in subs format before. It is also much more configurable and produces gorgeous text in comparison as well (and can also handle external subs in the standard ripping/fansubbing formats as well).

oddball
16th April 2003, 22:59
Any idea how to force Zoom Player to use VobSub instead of the crummy filter?

stax76
16th April 2003, 23:29
I hope with Matroska the situation gets better