PDA

View Full Version : How to hex-edit subtitle colors in .ifo file?

schmeg
14th April 2003, 17:21
Greetings, all --

Does anyone know how to change the colors of subtitles by editing the .ifo file using a hex editor?

I'm working on a Mac, and therefore don't have access to IFOedit and other useful tools. We have a few good programs for ripping DVDs, but even those tools that allow an imported VTS*.ifo for the color palette give haphazard results. (I just burned a disk with pink subtitles, which is much better than the more common black with a dark-blue outline...)

Can some clever person can figure out which hex addresses in the title's .ifo file control the color of the subtitles? Who will be my hero?

: )

Yusaku
14th April 2003, 20:31
Unfortunately, almost everything in IFOs is indexed by pointers, so there's no direct address. Take a look at MPUCoder's page if you want to make a little binary patcher by youself - but it'd be a hell to do it with just hexeditor :(

htc10825
14th April 2003, 20:39
Have you ever heard of "Virtual PC" on Mac?
If you Mac has only 400MHz and 64MB RAM, then - buy a 300$ PC with AMD DURON 950MHz and 128M SDRAM, 40GB HDD etc...

schmeg
15th April 2003, 14:48
Thanks, Yusaku, for noting how .ifo's work. I should have expected that it wouldn't be easy...

htc10825
16th April 2003, 13:01
But if you instlled "Virtual PC", you can run IfoEdit to get the "disassembled" control code of the DVD, and edit it...