PDA

View Full Version : how to put subtitle into my avi?

hond
6th April 2003, 10:59
i have an .avi movie but it is on a laguange i dont understand so i downloaded the french subtitles in .sub-format.
but how can i put them into my avi?
plz help

ZaP37
6th April 2003, 19:15
Do you mean how do you watch the movie with the subtitles on, or how do you encode them into the video stream so you don't have to bother with a separate file?

hond
6th April 2003, 21:21
i want to watch the movie withe the subtitles on my dvd-player. doesnt matter if i put the subtitles into the avi or mpg or vcd, i just want the movie+subtitles at the end :)

ukendt
7th April 2003, 19:53
1) Just watching the movie in your PC. Use WMP classic with avi file and sub with the same name in same dir
2) Watch your movie as mpg file in a stand alone. Reincoding with or without permanent sub (ig svcd) mandatory=loss of quality

hond
7th April 2003, 21:39
the second method is what i want but can u also tell me how i do so plz?

ppera2
8th April 2003, 10:36
You need VobSub, Textsub plugin, AVISynth, MPEG encoder (TMPGEnc or CCE) etc... Also some practice with syncronization, sub format conversion and so on...

There is also VirtualDub plugin subtitle, but it's not so good as newer Textsub plugin.

This is not covered in guides, as I see :(
And many time is asked...

hond
8th April 2003, 16:10
hmm shame because i have some probs with it, but i think ill manage it. thx a lot

alexnoe
11th April 2003, 09:58
If you find a converter which can make a SRT file from it, you can use AVI-Mux GUI.

The next version will also support SSA subtitle format, but not SUB. Each single format is quite some work ...

ukendt
11th April 2003, 19:41
http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/conversionguides.htm
There is a conversion guide for avi files...........everything explained !:D

ppera2
11th April 2003, 20:37
Originally posted by ukendt
http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/conversionguides.htm
There is a conversion guide for avi files...........everything explained !:D

Uh, uh...

Tell me exact place where in guides is covered 'burn in' of subtitles into video. Called also permanent subtitles.

ariman
19th April 2003, 16:00
Same broblem here... Is there new updates in W2k disabling subst in flaskmpeg 0.594?
IŽd been able to "burn" subst with 0.594 for many years, but suddenly there is no subst... All looks like the same as couple months ago when I made My last movie conversion... Anyone?