PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Subtitles

HighPingBastard
31st March 2003, 22:09
Hi,
I was ripping Neon Genesis Evangelion off DVD and I ripped individual chapters out of the DVD so I could skip useless sections such as the credits and opening sequences off my final avis easily. I have been trying to do subtitles and for some reason the subtitles were either non-existant in some episodes or extremely out of sync in the others.

So I looked at the .idx files and saw the problem : when i ripped the subtitles, instead of the subtitles indicating that a subtitile should displayed at say 1 minute, it says that the subtitile should be displayed at 42 minutes because that's the exact time it was displayed on the original DVD. But since i've being ripping individual chapters, all my .avi files start from 0:00:00, and not say 24:45:22.........how do I fix this problem?

Thanks for your help

gabest
1st April 2003, 12:28
Try http://vobsub.edensrising.com/vsrip.rar, or for example add a delay: -00:24:45.220 before the first timestamp, the PTS: ... comment should help you to determine the starting offset of that cell.

raistlin2k
12th April 2003, 08:25
Just realized that vobsub shows those pseudo-vobs by default, that are also shown in ChapterXtractor but de-selected by default.
(DVD-Decrypter just skips them in the chapter-file)

Haveing ripped "The Rock" lately, these pseudo-chapters resulted in a worng time-code for the 2nd CD of the rip, because:
- 2nd CD started at Chapter 17
- there were two pseudo-chaps on first part

After de-selecting 18 instead of 16 chapters, everything was Ok again for the 2nd CD.

I would like to ask if you could add an option that Vobsub ignores such pseudo-chapters so I don't have to care about them anymore.

Thanks
Raist