PDA

View Full Version : Enviroment info in plugins

Si
30th March 2003, 10:11
Dear Experts :)
Is it possible to access the filename/path information of a clip so I can use this info within a plugin?

regards
Simon

Bidoche
31st March 2003, 16:20
Please precise what you exactly want.

Si
31st March 2003, 17:52
One of my filters (PFR) writes a log file and generates an avi script.

It would be nice to be able to write these files (as a default) to the same path as the source clip and use the source clip filename as a prefix to my log/avs script.

regards
Simon

Bidoche
31st March 2003, 18:32
Do you want the name of the avs source script or names of clip imported through avisource or others ?

The first should be easy (setup a global var in the env), the latter .... arghhh

sh0dan
31st March 2003, 18:50
You should just be able to look at AviSource, MPEG2DEC and others, since they are able to open files in the script directory without any paths.

Actually looking at them, I think the script path is set as "current" path. Nic's MPEGdecoder always seem to create the D2V file in the same directory as the script file.

Si
31st March 2003, 22:01
@Bidoche
It's the source clip info I'm after I'm afraid :( since my filter writes a type of 2nd pass script to act on the original source avi file.

But please don't worry about it - its not that important - I just wondered if the info was available.

@sh0dan
I'll go and have a look then.

regards
Simon