PDA

View Full Version : subtitle '65535'

shpanks
30th March 2003, 02:02
hi is there anyway when embedding a srt into an ogm to change the whole 'subtitle 65535' into something in english?

for those of u who don't know when u combine an srt with ogm vobsub detects the subtitle as 65535 and i don't know how to change this (perhaps it's in the sub headers); i've tried the 'comments' option through vdubmod, in particular: language, title and artist, only language seemed to work? Any pointers??

shpanks

TelemachusMH
30th March 2003, 05:48
You are correct in your method of commenting the stream, I think your problem might be vobsub itself. If I remember right (and this probably has changed some) is that vobsub doesn't work correctly with OGM sources. I always use Tobias's subtitle filter (http://tobias.everwicked.com/) and everything works just fine. You can also try muxing the OGM with OggMux and set the language there, but I suspect that your file is right, and it is just not being played correctly.

TelemachusMH

gabest
30th March 2003, 12:10
dvobsub checks the output pin of the ogm splitter to name its subtitle streams, and initially this is what it can find.

shpanks
2nd April 2003, 02:29
is tobias's filter just an .ogm muxed with .srt specific reader/writer?

I have this on my pc but i haven't installed it i don't wanna cram my pc full of filth uneccessarily. What would be the best way to overcome this problem?

thanx neway :cool: