PDA

View Full Version : Vobsub Feature Request : Force a requested colorspace, not only RGB

bilu
19th March 2003, 12:55
@Gabest

Hi,

I have an ATI 3D Rage Pro AGP 2x @work. On every XVID movie (haven't tried DivX) it incorrectly detects RGB565 BITF colorpace for some seconds before it changes to YV12. Could you please put an option to force any colorspace we want or an option to disable conversion, since I can force this on ffdshow ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Bilu

gabest
20th March 2003, 11:04
Do you use win9x/me/2k and a player without the overlay mixer?

bilu
20th March 2003, 11:16
2k with Zoom Player without overlay mixer

gabest
20th March 2003, 11:31
Yea, that's what I thought. The old renderer has to be connected initially with the current desktop color format, and it can only switch to some other (which requires an overlay surface) after rendering a few frames. The problem is that after such a switch decoders wait the next keyframe to continue and just outputting blackness during then. The first frame is also a keyframe, but the renderer can only notify the filter upstream through it's input buffer, but when dvobsub receives that buffer it is already late because it happens after ffdshow sent its own to downstream. This one frame delay will always be there for transform filters, and so the frames before the second keyframe aren't going to be renderer whenever the old renderer is used and it changes back to rgb for some reason (initial state, video window hidden, loosing hw acceleration because of netmeeting, ...).

bilu
20th March 2003, 12:47
So what can you or I do about it?

Can we take advantage of FFdshow forced colorspace output?

Bilu

gabest
20th March 2003, 12:56
Originally posted by bilu
So what can you or I do about it?Try the overlay mixer, with the old renderer it must be connected in rgb at first. Even ffdshow has to, but it can switch to yv12 much sooner because there is no delay directly.Can we take advantage of FFdshow forced colorspace output?Nope.

bilu
20th March 2003, 13:45
Works fine now, just some stuttering on the first frames. Thanks.

Bilu