PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Subtitle Moron needs Help

Blankman
17th March 2003, 20:00
I give up! It must be a really stupid mistake since no one has found any value in documenting my problem.

Although I have been able to create vids with soft-subtitles (i.e. muxing .srt, .avi, and .ogg to create .OGM), all my efforts to create a simple .AVI with permanent subtitles (following the Gnot directions) have failed. So obviously I'm not reading the directions correctly and have misinterpreted what I read at least 20 times.

Would some one with a lot of patience help this moron (me) figure out how to encode permanent subtitles?

Thanks.

WyldeF1r3
18th March 2003, 00:00
Download vobsub2.xx froma Gabest's webpage http://vobsub.edensrising.com and install it. In the "plugins" feild check the box for "textsub." Textsub is a virtualdub filter (which can be used in avisynth) capable of loading almost any type of subtitle file. With this filter loading your subtitle file they will be burned into the movie when you encode.

Blankman
19th March 2003, 16:03
The "plugins" field for which program/app? I already have VobSub installed, along with AviSynth, Gnot, and Virtualdub.

WyldeF1r3
19th March 2003, 19:39
vobsub. of in your vobsub folder you do not have textsub.vdf you will have to reinstall it so you do.

ZaP37
22nd March 2003, 08:34
I think I'm having the same problem as Blankman. Extracting the subtitles works perfectly, but if I try to have them encoded into the .avi by selecting the .sub file in GKnot's Save & Encode dialog, nothing happens when I encode (it finishes "encoding" in about 6 seconds and I'm left with 2 .avi of about 40k each).

I have GKnot .27, VobSub 2.23, and the textsub.vdf file is in both my VirtualDub plugins folder and my Vobsub folder. If someone has been able to encode-in subtitles, please post here to discount the possibility that it's a bug in GKnot.

ZaP37
22nd March 2003, 11:20
More on this phenomenon. When I play in WMP the .avs file gknot makes, I get the following message: "caught an access violation at 0x018dbbbf, attempting to read from 0x03d270d8"

WyldeF1r3
22nd March 2003, 15:25
since Gknot does not seem to allow the use of virtualdub plugins, loading textsub into gordian knot is impossible, it will need to be loaded through avisynth. Directions on how to do it are in the textsub.txt in the vobsub docs folder but I'll reproduce it here quickly.

LoadPlugin("textsub.dll")
TextSub("path\filename.ext)

Just load your file in with textsub. If you encoder with VirtualDub, you can click on Video -> Filters and add "Textsub" and load your script that way.

Blankman
22nd March 2003, 16:11
Found the cause of my problem.

I extracted cells 6-10 with DVD Decrypter, but when I used VobSub Configure I left all cells selected. This threw off the timing on the .SUB file. After adjusting the timing the subtitles was rendered into the video stream.

ZaP37
23rd March 2003, 00:16
I cannot get my AviSynth script to use textsub. From the textsub documentation:- Avisynth usage:
LoadPlugin("textsub.vdf")
TextSub("path\filename.ext"[, charset[, fps]])In your instructions you said I should use LoadPlugin("textsub.dll") but I cannot find textsub.dll anywhere on my computer. So instead I use:LoadPlugin("P:\AV\GordianKnot\VirtualDub\plugins\textsub.vdf") #path to textsub vdub plugin on my comp
TextSub("P:\divx\badh\badh.srt") #path to my .srt fileHowever, trying to preview the avs in WMP gives "caught an access violation at..." What am I doing wrong??

Here's my entire avs file:#
# Created with Gordian Knot
#
# http://gknot.doom9.org
#
# PLUGINS
LoadPlugin("P:\AV\GORDIA~1\mpeg2dec.dll")
LoadPlugin("P:\AV\GORDIA~1\decomb.dll")
LoadPlugin("P:\AV\GordianKnot\VirtualDub\plugins\textsub.vdf")
#LoadPlugin("P:\AV\GORDIA~1\IVTC.dll")
#LoadPlugin("P:\AV\GORDIA~1\Avisynth_Spatial.dll")
#LoadPlugin("P:\AV\GORDIA~1\GreedyHMA.dll")
#LoadPlugin("P:\AV\GORDIA~1\TomsMoComp.dll")
#LoadPlugin("C:\WINDOWS\System32\vobsub.dll")
#LoadPlugin("P:\AV\GORDIA~1\SimpleResize.dll")
#
# SOURCE
mpeg2source("P:\divx\badh\bhb.d2v")
#
# TRIM
#trim(startframe,endframe)
#
# IVTC
Telecide().Decimate(5)
# or use
#IVTC(44,11,95)
#GreedyHMA(1,0,4,0,0,0,0,0)
#
# DEINTERLACING (1)
#FieldDeinterlace()
#TomsMoComp(1,5,1)
#
# CROPPING
crop(6,100,702,277)
#
# DEINTERLACING (2)
#SeparateFields().SelectEven()
# or maybe
#GreedyHMA(1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0)
#
#
# SUBTITLES
#VobSub("FileName")
TextSub("P:\divx\badh\badh.srt")
#
# RESIZING
BicubicResize(480,208,0,0.5)
#
# DENOISING: choose one combination (or none)
# 1) little noise (fast)
#TemporalSmoother(2,1)
#
# 2) medium noise (slow)
#SpatialSoftenMMX(1,4,6,false,false,4,4,6,8)
#TemporalSmoother(2)
#
# 3) heavy noise (very slow, you have been warned)
#SpatialSoftenMMX(2,4,6,false,false,4,4,6,8)
#TemporalSmoother(3)
#SpatialSoftenMMX(1,4,6,false,false,4,4,6,8)
#
# BORDERS
#AddBorders(left,top,right,bottom)
#
# COMPRESSIBILITY CHECK
# !!!!Snip Size now has to be 14 for use in GKnot!
#SelectRangeEvery(280,14)
#
# FOOL CCEnc
#ResampleAudio(44100)

ZaP37
23rd March 2003, 01:02
If I use field de-interlace instead of IVTC there's no problem! :D

SlayerX
1st April 2003, 21:32
I donīt get this with TEXTSUB.vdf

Where can i Download it how the f**k does it work?

Im trying to get permanent subtitles to an avi... but it never seems to work...

PLEASE HELP POOR ME!!