PDA

View Full Version : Removal of 'permanent' subpicture/titles??

jbenj01
16th March 2003, 22:43
I've backed up some old movies onto DVD-R. But the darned things have logos, advertisements and such (in text form) that keep popping up every few minutes.. How the heck do I get rid of them??

I've tried to analyze all files in IFOedit, but they don't show up as subtitles.. I guess they're part of the actual main title itself (??).

What are these and is there a way to edit/delete them so I have a clean backup?? Thanks!

Oh, btw, the only way I could figure out how to delete is to actually delete the exact video frames that contain the 'critters', then join together (using vStrip GUI).

lamer_de
17th March 2003, 11:20
If they're part of the video stream, there's no possibility to get rid of them properly (besides the method you found out yourself :p ) [at least none that I know of]. You didn't stated what your source was, but I've never seen DVDs with ads or logos during the main title....

CU,
lamer_de

jbenj01
17th March 2003, 17:38
the sources are DVD's, but they contain old foreign films that have been transferred from VHS (I'm assuming). I don't know if the original VHS already contained the 'critters' or if whomever transferred the video to DVD created them..

Could these be treated as 'forced subtitles'?

either way.. thanks for the response and if you/anyone can still assist, it'd be much appreciated.. thanks!