PDA

View Full Version : Scenarist Subtitles (SST) question

Fireye
6th March 2003, 07:57
Does anyone know if there's a simple editor for this file? Say to alter the pallete, or the timecodes for the subtitles, or anything? I'm tired of going into it and editing it with notepad (Man, I'd kill for something with SSA's Shift Times ability)...

---Fireye

TRILIGHT
6th March 2003, 23:17
Open the SST in SubRip, make alterations, save new file.

iomagic
9th March 2003, 08:04
Trilight, I can never figger out how to open the SST file in SubRip! It says it does not understand the file format...

With the older version up to 1.15 there was no way to switch off the Drop flag, so any time I run SubRip on a pure interlaced NTSC stream, subtitles are marked with longer time than the real video!

So far I was switching Drop flag in Scenarist to see the time difference for the video (average about 6 seconds), and subtracting this time in SubRip - gotta do it before you close it, because it won't read the SST file from disk, it can only fix timing in the file it just generated. I'm checking if version 1.16 fixed that - seems like they at least change the Drop Flag setting at the top of the SST file, but I don't know yet about timing. And I don't know if Scenarist is going to adjust timing of subtitles based on drop flag - I seriously doubt that.

So, is there any clean solution to creating correct subtitles for the non-drop stream?

robz
17th March 2003, 14:49
Try Subtitle Workshop to convert the sst file to something subrip can open.
Then adjust in subrip...

Sizzle
1st May 2003, 20:51
Something wrong with opening the SST-file in wordpad ?
Just asking....

iomagic
1st May 2003, 20:55
Nothing, if you prefer to change few hundred timecodes manually :)
I'd rather have my computer crunch the numbers...

Sizzle
1st May 2003, 21:35
Originally posted by iomagic
Nothing, if you prefer to change few hundred timecodes manually :)
I'd rather have my computer crunch the numbers...

:rolleyes: ah, off course