PDA

View Full Version : Can't veiw subtitles when compressed.

RealityIsAnOpinion
4th March 2003, 05:30
About a month ago, I ripped The Wall, and the subtitles separately. Everything worked then, no problem burned it to a disk, and I could turn them on or off... no problem. I've just ripped Run Lola Run with the subtitles separately, and now the only way that I can view them is if they are uncompressed. I get out the Wall, and found that I could no longer view those subtitles either. I put The Wall back onto my hard drive, and uncompressed the subs, and now I can view them.

The only changes that I've made to my system since then is going back and forth from divx 5.02 to 5.03 and back again. I've also installed ffdshow. I don't remember upgrading win rar or vobsub. I'm currently using win rar 3.10 and vobsub 2.23.

Any ideas?

jernst
21st March 2003, 16:19
I have the same problem with latest VobSub... I wonder why. (my rar file has the same name as the movie and the .idx and .sub files inside too)

Edit: it seems that if you update the unrar.dll with v.3 and put the .idx file outside the rared file it works !

alchemy
17th November 2003, 00:14
Hi , I got same problem. :(
My unrar.dll in system32 dir is 153,088b sized, but in its properties version isn't shown :devil: [XP], So anyone nows which version is it? Do I need to replace it with different version ?

Also I d/led latest unrar.dll from rarlab and placed in system32 dir as well as to vobsub dir.

Anyone know the answer ?

Thanks in advance.

Black Raven, aka Alchemy

jernst
17th November 2003, 11:12
Did you put the idx outside of the .rar (compress only the .sub) ?

It works here !

masken
17th November 2003, 13:20
afaik, the *.idx should definetly not be inside a RAR archive, only the *.sub should. This is the way it has always been?

gabest
19th November 2003, 08:11
Yes. And unrar.dll is better to be updated as winrar3 archives aren't backwards compatible with the older versions of it.

alchemy
19th November 2003, 19:30
Thanks everybody for quick, but not much helpful responses.
like jernst posted in edit:
"Edit: it seems that if you update the unrar.dll with v.3 and put the .idx file outside the rared file it works !"

Maybe its about DirectVobSub version ?
Did anyone had same problems ? (IDX file is already outside the SUB compressed file)