PDA

View Full Version : Prob in SubRip when ripping Utena DVD

Ryuudo
2nd March 2003, 17:31
Check this out (http://personal.inet.fi/clan/ryuudo/ocr.jpg)
Anyone know a solution? This is the first time this has happened. So it's kind of weird.
Also I need .srt because I'm making OGM so subpictures are out of question. Thanks in advance...

EDIT: Oh yeah, I should mention that subtitle color changes in that part from yellow to green.

Justinus
4th March 2003, 00:49
What an interesting problem? :) I've never encountered this before.

There's a problem with subtitle of Kidousenkan Nadesico, which I used to work out. It contains several blank subtitle and the window pop up like yours but nothing there. :confused: What I did was to skip those many blank subtitles and it took quite more time to finish them all.

In your case, you may have to type manually and click Done instead of Skip like what I did. Make sure to use the latest version of SubRip. It might help you to extract subtitle a bit smarter.

Ryuudo
4th March 2003, 02:17
Yup, I'm using the newest subrip. I have tried subripper and older versions of subrip but they're all have this same problem... Oh well...Quite an annoying bug (if it is one(at least it seems like it is a bug)). If anyone knows a solution I'd appreciate if you would tell it :)

lonedriftr
7th March 2003, 07:48
Which DVD was this? I've played with the 1st dvd and the movie. It's been a while but I believe on the movie dvd the songs are on the same streme as the regular text and there's a second stream that has the english of the songs. I think I'm wrong...but I just watched the DVD recently.
I think Subrip has a problem when there are two different color subs on the same stream.
I recommend to ignore my ranting and take a look at the streams in subrip. Save them to BMP or just view the subs, and look at the frames you're having problems with. If the different colored subs are on different sterams, try doing each steram by themselves. If the different colored subs are on the same stream and that's what's causing the error, I think I recall this. What you'll have to do is either grab the times and write them outyourself (if it's just the songs it shouldn't take long) or you'll have to get an older version of subrip and start the sub scan at the color of the subs that are having problems. I remember doing that for some DVD long ago. Sorry for the unorganized thoughts but hope this helps.

Ryuudo
7th March 2003, 12:52
I'm ripping Utena DVD #1. And yes, there are different colored subs in the same streams. What version of subrip should I try?

lonedriftr
9th March 2003, 04:29
Humm I only have one ssa file for it. Don't remember if I joined multiple ones or not.

I know subrip .97b didn't support multiple colors so you could skip the main color until it came to a different one. The only advantage that has over updated versions is if you were only wanting to do a quick OCR of that separate color, this was much much faster.

xkenshin55
10th March 2003, 20:01
I don't remember having an Error like this in GTO DVD 1, but I see it in GTO DVD 2. The Subs for the music is green, then the dialogue after is yellow. Vobsub doesn't detect it correctly, I suppose, and won't let me switch colors. So, I switched to Subrip 1.14, and that worked better. I'm hoping the next update will have this fixed.

Kx5

zsolo
12th March 2003, 22:59
I am having the same problem with the subtitles of the movie Event Horizon (European edition). So, if I've made it out correctly, the only real solution is to wait until a bug free version of SubRip comes out? :-)

Yusaku
19th March 2003, 12:37
either, or you can try SubResync from VobSub package - it helped me where SubRip failed (Kare Kano DVDs). Just extracts subs to VobSub, open in subresync and save as srt/ssa/sub/..., it'll start OCRing.