PDA

View Full Version : Burn subtitle to the video stream

drpaulng
28th February 2003, 04:28
Does anyone know how to "burn" the subtitle into the video stream (.m2v), so as to force the subtitle being shown with the picture when being play.

I am trying to do it by making .avi and then re-encode it to .m2v, but it is somewhat tedious. Any better way?

paula001
2nd March 2003, 04:51
Originally posted by drpaulng
Does anyone know how to "burn" the subtitle into the video stream (.m2v), so as to force the subtitle being shown with the picture when being play.

I am trying to do it by making .avi and then re-encode it to .m2v, but it is somewhat tedious. Any better way?

What type of file is it that you plan to have when you are done?

drpaulng
2nd March 2003, 05:58
OK, I tried to burn the subtitles into the movie because the DVD is a karaoke show. My karaoke machine cannot select the subtitles (set my the supplier) in karaoke mode (free to select subtitles at movie mode). I tried to re-author this DVD by first transfer it into MPEG4 AVI with the subtitle burn into the .avi movie (I use FAIRUSE because it takes only a few steps, not like the Gorndian Knot etc, for highest quality .avi without audio stream). Then I re-converted back the .avi into .m2v for DVD re-authoring with Vegas Video (I had problem with TMPGEnc when importing to Scenarist).

Any suggestion?

MasterYoshidino
2nd March 2003, 07:51
i dunno for sure but you can try using an avisynth frameserver to frameserver to your mpeg encoder to make another vob, only way to input your karaoke stream is to use the vobsub filter and load the file that contains the stream.

drpaulng
2nd March 2003, 14:18
Well, it seems your method is feasible. Can you exemplify with a detail instruction?

I just want yo seek the fastest method (although I've already successfully done the job).

Thank you.