PDA

View Full Version : SubRip 1.16 and Maestro, best settings?

Matthew
27th February 2003, 07:10
Things have changed a little so I am a bit confused.

Anyway, the settings I plan to use on the cropping tab are 720 x 576, vertical alignment at the bottom, everything else default. Is this okay?

Positioning tab - I have no idea. Is it okay to use "keep original position" now?

Thanks for your continuing work on this great app, zuggy :)

zuggy
1st March 2003, 13:03
The default values are the tested ones.

Matthew
2nd March 2003, 08:33
Thank you for the reply.

I just tried with default settings, which leads to small bitmaps. In the Maestro subtitle window when a subtitle is selected, only the background of the bitmap was viewable. The rest of the picture was black (instead of showing the movie). To make it so the whole background was viewable, I had to reduce the outline contrast to 0.

But with 720 x 574 (which is what I thought you recommended), everything seems fine (except for one line i.e. one pixel, at top and bottom same as outline colour, but as that is black it doesn't matter).

zuggy
2nd March 2003, 14:24
default settings: That's strange. I suppose you have used the original colors/contrast. Then it is subrip bug. If you wanna help me to correct it, publish somewhere small sample - e.g. first 5 minutes of subtitles in vobsub format (should be 100k or less).

720 x 574: Try to adjust 720x576 to get rid of the top+bottom line. Meastro will "eat" it. I cannot recommend anything, because I do not author and will stay XviD fan for at least 5 years :)

Matthew
3rd March 2003, 00:23
Forgive me, once again the problem was behind the monitor.

I was only looking at the "edit subtitle" window available for individual subs, stupidly assuming what appeared on there would appear in realview and in windvd/powerdvd.

I changed to 720 x 576 (which incidentally I have always used, I just read in the last couple of days about using 720 x 574 instead). The bottom line disappears but the top line remains. But even when red, this line does not appear in the realview window or in windvd/powerdvd.

It's the same issue with the crop size, while the default minimum of 16 x 50 doesn't appear right in the edit subtitle window, it does appear correctly in realview/windvd/powerdvd.

Sorry, I should have been more thorough ;)