PDA

View Full Version : !DVD2one 1.01 OUT NOW!

Jayce
18th February 2003, 12:28
DVD2one V1.0.1
A lot has happened the last few weeks. Unfortunately also some unpleasant things, that took a lot of time to fix. Therefor I did not really have much time for development. But nevertheless here is a maintenance update of the program, with the following new features:

*Fixed some small issues with the IFO files. This should fix the following problems:
-Trial version didn't work correctly with Sony DVD players.
-Some players had problems with NTSC/PAL mix in the IFO.
-Some players stutter on the point of the original layer break when 'layer break bit' is set.

*Added much asked feature to choose the destination size.

*Added multi-language support (thanks to everybody who made the translations! ).

*Added support for CopyToDVD.
After processing the result can be directly written to DVD±R(W).
This will automatically deliver a 100% compliant DVD-Video disk, no need to worry about proper settings, directory, file and disk names.

*You can buy CopyToDVD here.
CopyToDVD is made by VSO.

*New registration code system.
The code from V1.0.0 will not work with this release.
To get a new code, just go to the download page, fill in your email address in the box and press Send New Code.

mrbass
18th February 2003, 13:44
This is great news to many. Just tried 1.01 trial and works great. Looks good. Erwin can be commended for updating it in a timely manner. Can't argue with the speed. Don't ask why I'm up at 4:30am. Oh yeah there is a HUGE increase 94Kb 1.0 compared to 104KB. 10KB of security code...wow..gotta love that assembly language.

Jayce
18th February 2003, 13:54
hehe, well actually it's several K's of protection, and atleast 3Kb with languages (compressed ofcourse ;) )

Antonio S.
18th February 2003, 15:02
@Jayce:

Is there any improvement in quality, in the way this new version makes transcoding (encoding)?

For example: New bit allocation algorithm,some trembling that some movies has after transcoding, macro blocks, etc. Or is the same transcoder with just some bug fixed, plus new options?

Antonio S.

Scarpad
18th February 2003, 15:03
Well I guess the ability to set destination size is so you can leave room for padding so you can externally do menu etc, It's not something I would use but OK, too bad just an option to add the menu could have been added as well.

htc10825
18th February 2003, 15:10
If you've released it 2 weeks ago that could be a greate news. But now, after InstantCopy 7.0, I cannt recommend to buy.
Compare to the Pinnacle product it has very, very few feature and less picture quality, but you have to pay almost the same(47 vs. 49 EUR). I think it would be ok if you sell it for 15,-. (Years)Later, if this progr. can compress 2 (diff.)DVDs on one DVD-R with menu, you can sell it for $50,- and we'll buy it(if the people in Pinnacle haven't brought a similar solution).

jazbab3
18th February 2003, 15:13
ic = crap.

ThaMan
18th February 2003, 15:20
Originally posted by jazbab3
ic = crap.
Dunno why.. just did a movie with MENU'S and left all the extra's out except the deleted scenes... And its awesome.
I not mind a 2 hour job to get a fancy DVD, Movie only can also be done with ifoedit

wangofree
18th February 2003, 15:24
Originally posted by htc10825
If you've released it 2 weeks ago that could be a greate news. But now, after InstantCopy 7.0, I cannt recommend to buy.
Compare to the Pinnacle product it has very, very few feature and less picture quality,

I'm excited about ver 1.01. I will stand by DVD2ONE, waiting p a t i e n t l y for Erwin and team to methodically bring together new features when they can, and in doing so, making a great product even better!

Man, people are so impatient...such a "gotta have it NOW" attitude.

If you like PIC, great - stick with it and quit whinning about DVD2ONE.

:D WF

int 21h
18th February 2003, 15:41
Originally posted by jazbab3
ic = crap.

Originally posted by wangofree
If you like

INSERT DVD PROGRAM HERE

Originally posted by wangofree
, great - stick with it and quit whinning about

INSERT ALTERNATIVE PROGRAM HERE.

Antonio S.
18th February 2003, 16:12
@htc10825:

You are wrong about your numbers!!!

If you go the DVD2one way:

DVD2one > $53.00 USD
DVDcopy > $19.00 USD
Total > $72.00 USD

Options: Fast transcoding, file size option, and can burn to media (if you buy DVDcopy, however I am not sure if it can be done automatically).

If you go the InstantCopy way:

InstantCopy > $37.80 + plus shipping - rebates (if available)

Options: Better encoding (but slower), file size option, can include menu and extras, and can burn directly to media

So you can choose between speed vs. having the ability to copy everything.

Antonio S.

atreides93
18th February 2003, 16:25
yea but you forget, instantcopy doesn't work with certain disks. there are some known bugs that i and a few others have noticed where dvd2one works but instantcopy doesn't.
this one movie i'm trying to back up, instantcopy thinks its 4:3 but its really 16:9, and on top of that, it won't do it because it says it wont' fit on a dvd-r.

good luck getting those bugs fixed in a week or two.

i'm really amazed at the lack of patience from various users. they expect bug fixes in one week. look around, most software out there doesn't have a patch for months!

Scarpad
18th February 2003, 16:28
I think it comes down to there will be some instances where Instant Copy is a good program to use and Others where DVD2One is a good program to use. Both these programs are worth owning and for way under $100 what's the big deal.

2COOL
18th February 2003, 16:30
Originally posted by Jayce

-Some players stutter on the point of the original layer break when 'layer break bit' is set.

If you haven't read it, here's the solution before processing with DVD2one. (See Post #6 on page 1) Removing Layer Break Guide (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46201)

Jayce
18th February 2003, 16:54
Hrmm we FIXED the layer break problem so you won't need that guide anymore :)

int 21h
18th February 2003, 16:58
Originally posted by atreides93
i'm really amazed at the lack of patience from various users. they expect bug fixes in one week. look around, most software out there doesn't have a patch for months!

A good portion of the software for enthusiasts is/was based on GPL code and powered by the generally 'free as in beer' movement. A side effect of this is forgetting that in the commercial world, things only progress from 9 to 5, Monday through Friday for many companies. Whereas, open-source/open development programs often have patches out the same day (Many, many examples of this with trbarry's work, and Sh0dan's work, and Nic's work, and the XviD team)

So blame the efficiency of open source! :p

2COOL
18th February 2003, 17:05
Hrmm we FIXED the layer break problem so you won't need that guide anymore :)

Sorry:o I guess I'm getting a little tired. I've been up the whole night trying out v1.0.1 on a 5 episode DVD I've been trying to do all this time. I was hesistating on doing with InstantCopy. An you know what? I finally did it and so far it looks great. I was trying to do Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Operation 2. Each episode was about 1.26GB. I shrank each one to 700MB and it worked out great. Now my DVD is about 4.6GB. :D

herbapou
18th February 2003, 18:51
If you remove features when using InstantCopy you may end up with navigation problems.

Scarpad
18th February 2003, 18:57
I think most players will definately lock if you hit something that isn't there. I think it's really made to do a 1:1 copy. You can shrink down the size of the features and you'll be OK, but I think you have to leave them there. What I wonder if possible is that IC could allow you to remove featurttes, trailer etc and put like a place holder there that would display and not lock the player.

DaveKlassix
18th February 2003, 21:02
Just my personal opinion, is that I don't favor one particular prog DVD2one or IC. The reason being, both are useful for different situations. With movies that I actually like keep menus and extras shit, IC is great (for stuff that doesn't crash it). For movies i dont need extras, or even for movies I wANT to compress to fit more than one on, DVD2one is the way to go. Of course, i'm a total newbie to all of this, so my opinion, pry doesn't even count.

Jayce
18th February 2003, 22:03
Originally posted by int 21h
A good portion of the software for enthusiasts is/was based on GPL code and powered by the generally 'free as in beer' movement. A side effect of this is forgetting that in the commercial world, things only progress from 9 to 5, Monday through Friday for many companies. Whereas, open-source/open development programs often have patches out the same day (Many, many examples of this with trbarry's work, and Sh0dan's work, and Nic's work, and the XviD team)

So blame the efficiency of open source! :p

Heheh, Erwin and me must be doing something wrong then, cause we spend about 8 to 10 hours a day at managing etc DVD2one

You have no idea how much time goes into the aftersales/suport etc. etc.

DVD2one is a very small company compared to our compititors.

Richk50
18th February 2003, 22:40
I love the speed of DVD2One, but I'm getting better quality with the menus and everything else on InstantCopy.
Now DVD2One is telling us to buy a burning program also. What nerve! It's their job to make a usable product, don't sell me a product and tell me I need a another product to use it.

MackemX
18th February 2003, 23:17
I wonder how long this BITCHING about both products is gonna go on???!??!??!

DVD2One is an excellent program!
InstantCopy is an excellent program!

there is no one better program! as simply put they both cater for different needs and both do an amazing job

agreed InstantCopy may edge it on the quality stakes but it takes around 5-6 times longer, would the quality be better if DVD2One took longer?, probably would!

DVD2One is for people who want a quick compression and aint fussy abot quality being near the original (still good tho I may add depending on size of original DVD)

InstantCopy is for people who want as much of the original DVD structure they want to keep and a little better quality but have time to spare

again, both do an excellent job, so don't knock either :)

Vertigo1
18th February 2003, 23:39
Originally posted by ThaMan
Dunno why.. just did a movie with MENU'S and left all the extra's out except the deleted scenes... And its awesome.
I not mind a 2 hour job to get a fancy DVD, Movie only can also be done with ifoedit
Now try it with The Matrix or Planet of the Apes

int 21h
19th February 2003, 01:25
Heheh, Erwin and me must be doing something wrong then, cause we spend about 8 to 10 hours a day at managing etc DVD2one

You have no idea how much time goes into the aftersales/suport etc. etc.

DVD2one is a very small company compared to our compititors.

Well, none of the above mentioned authors are obfuscating or securing their code either, so maybe that gives them some more free time.

OsirisMedia01
19th February 2003, 05:32
Hey look I agree all this winging is BS

what I find most amusing is the people who windge about quality, Look if some of you havent noticed your trying to take a movie that is what generally these days 1 to 3 gigs, larger then a standard 4.7gig DVD, and get a perfect copy.

Well I hate to tell you this but neither instant copy or DVD2One are gonna produce a perfect quality. The second you start transcoding something you reduce its quality this will never get picture perfect quality. Face it if you want great quality, use CCE etc, or buy a 2nd copy of the movie.

Neither DVD2One or IC, have been able to sucessfully reproduce a descent backup of Enemy at the Gates, with the menu or any features. I have to leave them off to get a descent replica, but I accept that if I want great quality I gotta sacrifice some stuff.

Hey dont get me wrong, compared to how ppl use to make backups with 10+ different tools these apps are great, but in alot of movies these days you will not get pefect quality picture with all the extras very simply your taking say 6G and turning it into 4G, thats like stripping back 20% of a porche and hoping it looks and goes as well.

wangofree
19th February 2003, 12:21
Originally posted by Richk50

Now DVD2One is telling us to buy a burning program also. What nerve! It's their job to make a usable product, don't sell me a product and tell me I need a another product to use it.

Whoa, hold on cowboy, I hope you're being sarcastic. If not, I will: "oh gee I can't spend 2 minutes burning my dvd2one processed file with my burning software that I've used a million times, poor me!"

C'mon man, so what if you have to spend money to get DVD2ONE to automatically burn the title...It's NOT required - you don't have to go that route, and it's probably better to burn it yourself.

Nuff said, I agree, it's time to separate these two pieces of software.

candsh
19th February 2003, 13:49
Everyone seems to be concerned about loss of picture quality. Why not do what I do. I play ALL my movies on a Pioneer progressive scan player and have made numerous back-ups and have not been able to tell the difference between the original and the copy. Play them thru a $75 player and you have a problem. Quit all the complaining about quality loss and just get yourself a better DVD player!!

Scarpad
19th February 2003, 14:28
I Agree I use a Toshiba SD6200 Progressive Scan Player admittedly a few years old but the very top of the line back then, all my DVD2One backups look great.

Richk50
19th February 2003, 15:11
"Whoa, hold on cowboy, I hope you're being sarcastic. If not, I will: "oh gee I can't spend 2 minutes burning my dvd2one processed file with my burning software that I've used a million times, poor me!"

C'mon man, so what if you have to spend money to get DVD2ONE to automatically burn the title...It's NOT required - you don't have to go that route, and it's probably better to burn it yourself.

Nuff said, I agree, it's time to separate these two pieces of software."

Are you serious? You tell people before they buy a product that they're going to have to purchase additional software to use it.
You're so thankful for this incomplete program you'll act like a sheep, buy what they tell you and thank them for it. It doesn't burn, it doesn't do full menus, image quality is poor and is overpriced.(InstantCopy $20 with rebate)and now they'll do you a favor and tell you to buy the burning program of their choice. Obviously they released this product before it was ready to get it out before a superior product was released.
Let me make this clearer, It's a business deal. They are not doing you a favor, you pay them your hard earned money and they give you a product. You don't have to get on your knees and thank them.

MackemX
19th February 2003, 15:26

Are you serious? You tell people before they buy a product that they're going to have to purchase additional software to use it.
You're so thankful for this incomplete program you'll act like a sheep, buy what they tell you and thank them for it. It doesn't burn, it doesn't do full menus, image quality is poor and is overpriced.(InstantCopy $20 with rebate)and now they'll do you a favor and tell you to buy the burning program of their choice. Obviously they released this product before it was ready to get it out before a superior product was released.
Let me make this clearer, It's a business deal. They are not doing you a favor, you pay them your hard earned money and they give you a product. You don't have to get on your knees and thank them.

try looking here again - http://www.dvd2one.com/"From the creator of Remote Selector comes a brand new product, the ultimate DVD processing tool. With this tool you can make movie-only copies for personal use on a single DVD-Recordable in a matter of 15-30 minutes time (depending on the speed of your computer).

Burn the movie with your favorite recording software! "says nothing about it being a burning program and it never has!

only a processing tool so what's your point?, they don't claim it burns for you and in the original post above they are just telling you can buy CopyToDVD software to burn with but they are not forcing you to buy it!

I mean is it that hard to select the VOB/BUP/IFO files into your burning software and click BURN!

I wish Pinnacle had that feature cos they are forcing you to burn with their software before you can check it works etc, at least with DVD2One you can check!, it cost's you nothing but time to recompress again if it is no good, yet it's a coaster if IC hasn't turned out right, thus adding to cost of software!

p.s. Pinnacle have probably priced their software low because they know nothing else offers the same features at that price, meaning they will get the major share of the market initially and sell loads because in time there will be more software available and they won't have as much market share, but if they get a good customer base now then they have more potential future customers if they keep them happy with good free upgrades

MackemX
19th February 2003, 16:14
Originally posted by Scarpad
I Agree I use a Toshiba SD6200 Progressive Scan Player admittedly a few years old but the very top of the line back then, all my DVD2One backups look great.
Originally posted by candsh
Everyone seems to be concerned about loss of picture quality. Why not do what I do. I play ALL my movies on a Pioneer progressive scan player and have made numerous back-ups and have not been able to tell the difference between the original and the copy. Play them thru a $75 player and you have a problem. Quit all the complaining about quality loss and just get yourself a better DVD player!!
please read my other thread (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46459) then read this below after

so from what you are stating that means most of your backups must have been around the 4.37Gb mark after you stripped them of stuff you didnt want and before you compressed them using whatever to do it

like I said try compressing Saving Private Ryan or any other movie longer than 2 hours with all the soundtracks (especially DTS) and then tell me you can't see the difference

by the way how many soundtracks are you keeping?

Don't get me wrong the quality is still good but seriously If you cannot notice a difference between the original and the copy on any of your copies then something is bottlenecking your system and making the orignal suffer and keeping the difference minimal

and if you reckon your setup increases quality on a poorer copy source surely in turn it will also increase the quality of the original in the same prospective. If not then again something is bottlenecking your setup

cheers :)

candsh
19th February 2003, 17:02
Originally posted by MisterX
please read my other thread (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46459) then read this below after

so from what you are stating that means most of your backups must have been around the 4.37Gb mark after you stripped them of stuff you didnt want and before you compressed them using whatever to do it

like I said try compressing Saving Private Ryan or any other movie longer than 2 hours with all the soundtracks (especially DTS) and then tell me you can't see the difference

by the way how many soundtracks are you keeping?

Don't get me wrong the quality is still good but seriously If you cannot notice a difference between the original and the copy on any of your copies then something is bottlenecking your system and making the orignal suffer and keeping the difference minimal

and if you reckon your setup increases quality on a poorer copy source surely in turn it will also increase the quality of the original in the same prospective. If not then again something is bottlenecking your setup

cheers :)
I have movies well over 2 hours and keep the Dolby 5.1, have kept the DTS on some occasions. Haven't tried Private Ryan and don't care about Matrix. What I am saying is I get ABSOULTELY PERFECT PICTURES on the original and the copy and I am projecting an 8' wide picture which is supposed to deteriorate the quality ( need to cut it back to about 80" for bast quality). Had a lesser quality DVD and could really tell a difference but not with the Pioneer. Also when I sit down to watch a movie I could care less about menus and extras, commercials and directors cuts. I show up with my popcorn to watch a movie and I want a perfect picture. Would rather go my route than try to get involved with Scenarist, CCE, Maestro and all of those other mega bucks, mega time programs. Besides, if a movie is just too difficult to copy in a reasonable ammount of time.....forget about it and go buy the sucker again!!

MackemX
19th February 2003, 17:36
Originally posted by candsh
What I am saying is I get ABSOULTELY PERFECT PICTURES on the original and the copy
of course you will get absolutely perfect pictures due to your excellent setup, I'm not debating that but the overall finished picture can only be as good as the source

I was questioning the fact you claimed you could not see the difference between the original and the copy!

by that statement it seems your system fills in the gaps of missing data taken away from the original when playing the copy thus making the copy information the same as the original just before you see the projected image, which I don't think is possible

think of an original CD and an MP3 of that CD, both sound the same, but which is the better quality or would you not be able to notice the difference if you had a good quality component setup?

I think you would notice it more than on a £60 boogiebox MP3/CD player

Scarpad
19th February 2003, 17:40
Of course if you choose to Keep the DD, DTS, All Subs etc etc on a long movie you will see artifacting. There's just no way you can keep all that stuff, with a 2.5 or 3 hour movie and expect perfection out of a 4.36GB disk. But if you Keep 1 audio and 1 subtitle stream it'll be pretty darn nice. Better if it's a two hour movie or less.

wangofree
19th February 2003, 19:01
[ It doesn't burn, it doesn't do full menus, image quality is poor and is overpriced.(InstantCopy $20 with rebate)and now they'll do you a favor and tell you to buy the burning program of their choice. Obviously they released this product before it was ready to get it out before a superior product was released.
Let me make this clearer, It's a business deal. They are not doing you a favor, you pay them your hard earned money and they give you a product. You don't have to get on your knees and thank them. [/B]

This product has really gotten under a lot of people's skin. I personally LOVE IT!!! Quick, simple, good to excellent quality - DVD2ONE is perfect, and if people are willing to give it more than 5 minutes, it will get better in time.

How long have you worked for Pinnacle Richk50? Seriously? If people aren't happy with DVD2ONE, then vote with your credit card - don't buy it!

I bought it, I will patiently wait for the DVD2ONE team to improve on it, (or not if they chose). How many pieces of software do you know that come out the first time and are NEVER upgraded? I can't think of any. Sooner or later DVD2ONE will probably give you the option of an automatic 1:1, as well as wash your car and pay your taxes....:rolleyes: sheesh, people are too egocentric sometimes.

This seems a lot like people whinning about which is better, Chevy or Ford - Toyota or Honda...it just comes down to personal choice. Enjoy yours. I'll enjoy mine.

hendrix
19th February 2003, 22:15
DVD2One will be able to pay my taxes? i'll by two then :D

mike4692
19th February 2003, 23:21
well it is really !!

2 great programmes , but one has an edge one the other, it does menus and is a one click option .

I have used both , I personally like the menus , the down side having to burn and see if it is ok , however lightning uk is working on a new version of dvd decrypter which I think is able to convert the pdi files prior to the burn ( forgive me if I am wrong).

however prior to this being released you could and can still do the menus useing the JDOBBS "make it easy route " which I must add is a great software pakage (and free), some people are just lazy and well lets face it these new programmes are for the lazy B******* who really cant be bothered to learn what CCE is and the quality it can produce , but I am just as lazy as the next B****** so the easy option works for me too .The unfortunate thing is that these 2 programmes were realeased so close together , and dvd2one spent more time concentrating on protecting their code which already has a hack for it( not that i condone that sort of thing )but now pinicle has the edge financially and when joe bloggs looks at a back up utility he/she will go for the easy one click option ( RIP dvd2one )

dvdRENEGADE
20th February 2003, 00:42
Originally posted by mike4692
I have used both , I personally like the menus , the down side having to burn and see if it is ok , [/B]

@mike4692
No you don't. Use PDIXtract.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46206

dvdRENEGADE

senojscott
20th February 2003, 04:14
Isn't dvdbot supposed to work well with dvd2one to keep menus and etc..? What is the best program and way to keep menus?

vljenewein
20th February 2003, 04:52
Dvdbot used the code from DVD Decrypter and without the permission from the author. Author is hot. There have been some changes, but author of DVD Decrypter still unhappy. Also I've heard it phone's home... you have to be connected to the internet to use it as it checkes to see if you are still allowed to use it.

I like Nero. Burns good for me.

I like DVD2ONE.. burns cleanly and better than VHS tapes in quality. I remember when we got snow on our TV sets and we were excited when the atmospheres were right to get good picture without ghosting or doubling. I'm kind of an old bugger! LOL

GOOD media.. makes a huge difference!!

Wh00pS
20th February 2003, 08:58
I personally think instantcopy is the better peice of software,dont get me wrong i like dvd2one as well,both have thier places and uses.The thing that swings it for me is picture quality is far better with instantcopy and imo is well worth the extra time to encode.

Richk50
20th February 2003, 14:44
"I bought it, I will patiently wait for the DVD2ONE team to improve on it, (or not if they chose). How many pieces of software do you know that come out the first time and are NEVER upgraded? I can't think of any. Sooner or later DVD2ONE will probably give you the option of an automatic 1:1, as well as wash your car and pay your taxes.... sheesh, people are too egocentric sometimes.
This seems a lot like people whinning about which is better, Chevy or Ford - Toyota or Honda...it just comes down to personal choice. Enjoy yours. I'll enjoy mine."

Maybe I'm being too hard on DVD2One. The encoding engine is remarkably fast and I'm sure the quality will eventually improve.
I purchase software for a large company and I need to explain why I make purchases. If I told my boss that something I purchased will be fully functional on the next revision, I would lose my job. DVD2One can't do full dvd's even if they're small enough for a 1:1 copy. When asked about revisions DVD2One replied: "Q:) When will the 1:1 copy function be available?
A:) As soon as it's finished, we do not give out any predictions of when what is ready." when told about a customers poll concerning missing features, DVD2One answered "...I would like to add to this thread, that you can have as many polls you like but please do not expect us to follow the outcome."
Maybe that's acceptable to you, but when I'm spending my or my company's money on software, I expect a little respect. I find it amazing how grateful people on this forum are to be allowed to spend their money on this unfinished overpriced product.

xmenxmen
20th February 2003, 20:45

Maybe that's acceptable to you, but when I'm spending my or my company's money on software, I expect a little respect. I find it amazing how grateful people on this forum are to be allowed to spend their money on this unfinished overpriced product.

I don't get why people smash one product over another. What you can create/do with product you have makes a bigger difference. I guess no one remember the good old vhs tape, analog cable tv, why are we still watching them? And don't start talking about choices of software for a company, I have seen too many great products purchase that are totally destroy in the wrong hands and at the same time seen people do with close to nothing and still get their job done.

Some of you people make me sick.

Scarpad
20th February 2003, 21:19
Hey it's not like DVD2One came out and said it would do 1:1 copying. It was released to do what it does movie only. And it does that fairly well. The creators said 1:1 copying is on the list of things they would like to add, but it was never promised or advertised to sell the software. They put out a drmo that showed what the software was capable of. People demoed it and then they decided to either purchase or not purchase it. When they were deciding to buy it I hope they were'nt making the decision based on a possible feature to be added in the future, but by the demo they just used and saw exactly what it did.

vljenewein
21st February 2003, 05:35
I bought it because I saw the other side of the coin. DVD Decrpter, IFOEdit, REMPEG2, DVDVobrator, etc etc.. lots of time.. BIG chance of some sort of human error along the line..usually mine:)

I remember 2 channels on our TV with a tall antennae. Some had snow most of the time.. at 11:00 the station literally signed off and concluded with a national anthem, and a picture of a test patern. You didn't watch anything at midnight when I grew up.. nothing was on in Nebraska..rural.. way out in the stick in NW part!!! LOL

Cable came along when I moved to Oshksoh, NE.. still snow.. still ghosting..sometimes pretty bad.. paid every month.

Bought VHS in the early 80's 3 blanks I bought for $45.00 as they were 20.00 each individually. Movies were very few. Horribly priced!!

DVD2ONE in it's biggest compression or rather transcoding, is better than VHS.. and most of what I see on TV.. so why complain. Extra menu at the beginning?? Ever put in a VCR tape and get a menu? You can fast forward or rewind.. that's about it.. At least with DVD2ONE you can skip forard with any chapter using your remote. Works great.

Love the product and would never have though twice if it does no more than the 1.0 version does now.. I keep both thank you.. old one and new one. and NOT overpriced! I work as a winemaker at 18.00 /hr so if you figure me taking the better part of my weekend to use REMPEG2 and others to re-encode and fiddle with a movie to fit it onto one DVD to gain an extra "edge" DVD2ONE is priceslless!! I spend time with my family, and not horseshitting arround demuxing, strippin, etc, etc.. :D

easy2Bcheesy
24th February 2003, 11:08
I don't understand why some people are complaining that DVD2One doesn't have a built-in burning program. Surely just about every DVD burner bought these days comes with some kind of OEM burning software?

If it really was that much of an issue, how come nobody complained about it before IC made its appearance?

Antonio S.
24th February 2003, 12:39
@easy2bcheesy:If it really was that much of an issue, how come nobody complained about it before IC made its appearance?

Maybe because IC offer you MORE features for LESS money...

Antonio S.

jhmac
26th February 2003, 02:16
They are both great programs and I use them both I like to keep my options open. I like what I like, and I buy what I use, and I own them both. But lets see what the futiure holds for these 2 programs and lets see who has the better customer support and who gives the customer what they want.

monomer
26th February 2003, 06:56
Originally posted by easy2Bcheesy
I don't understand why some people are complaining that DVD2One doesn't have a built-in burning program. Surely just about every DVD burner bought these days comes with some kind of OEM burning software?

I just now bought a DVD burner (OEM version Toshiba) from Newegg and it comes without any software (burning or otherwise)... but the price was very reasonable. For the last week I've been played around with the D21 demo and really like the speed but at $45 plus $30 for CopytoCD/DVD (yes, the price just went up yesterday) = $75 which negates any advantage of buying an OEM drive (the full retail version was $45 more)... though I really do like D21, unfortunately I'll have to go with PIC at $40 + $5 for shipping -$20 mail-in rebate = $25 .... a savings of $50!!!!!

I'll spend the extra $50 on blank DVD-Rs... I assume I'll need them if PIC is as buggy as everybody is saying.

mpucoder
26th February 2003, 07:47
In that case, look for other burning program bargains. There are lots of them, and most have demos. Nero, RecordNow Max, Gear, VOB Instant to name a few.

hakko504
26th February 2003, 08:22
or dvddecryptor, which is free. and you need imagetools too in order to prepare the files for burning. (video DVD's only)

Antonio S.
28th February 2003, 02:29
@MONOMER:

I'll spend the extra $50 on blank DVD-Rs... I assume I'll need them if PIC is as buggy as everybody is saying... No, is not buggy. I have the full version, and have no problem so far. It is an excellent program; it is better by far (transcoding) than DVD2one. However I do not recomend you to use the "registry hack", either the F5 trick. If this tricks were suppose to work correctly, they should not be hidden, also they are not in the manual...

Antonio S.

ardo
1st March 2003, 14:28
hey antonio are you working for IC???
You're so full about it. I can say that it's sucks.
It's so slooooooooooooooooooooooowwww ant the quality is not that good as you say it is. I see absolutely no difference between dvd2one and IC, no i must be honest dvd20ne has a better quality.
I have done Ocean's eleven, what a difference.
You stay with IC but you must accept that there are people who likes dbd20ne more than IC. Don't try to put dvd20ne down, it's the most splendid software that is written in the last year!!

mpucoder
1st March 2003, 14:50
This thread has gone way OT, which, if you remember, was an announcement of a new release.
As stated elsewhere, constructive comments are welcome. But this constant bashing of one product over the other must stop.
Thread closed.

@Jayce - I appologize for the members, and myself for allowing this to continue too long. Whenever the next release of DVD2One is available I hope you will post it on this forum, after which I will lock the thread to keep it as an announcement.