PDA

View Full Version : DV output from premiere

kenta
20th February 2003, 15:48
There is a bug in Premiere 6.5 (or more likly Directx 9) that makes it impossible to send DV movie to my OHCI controller (capturing from the camera works ok). When previewing the timeline, the whole program starts going in slow motion. On the DV camera display, only occational frames appear.
I've found other people on the Adobe support forum, having the same problem.

Just to make sure it wasn't any hardware problem, I installed a trial of Vegas Video, and that program had no problem sending DV to my camera.

I've got a 30 gb dv project that I need to record on dv tape.
I need to output diretly from the time line. What can I do to get Premiere to use another DV codec for preview output?

Please excuse my bad english.
:)

OvERaCiD23
20th February 2003, 17:40
Adobe Premiere wasn't created when DX9 was around. You're not gaining anything from DX9, as nothing has been designed for it (or very little at this point). I would roll-back to DX8.1, as I assume everything ran buttery-smooth back then. Or there are links to the other DV codecs in the sticky at the top of the forum; however, it doesn't sound like a codec issue if it can't send the video to camera via your 1394 card. Sounds more like an interface issue that MS's DX9 f***ed up.

kenta
20th February 2003, 17:59
Im using DirectX 9 SDK for devel. I'm a bit worried that jumping between dx versions could cause additional problems in my other projects. :)

Some MS DX staff dude said in the support forum that it might an issue with other "greedy" codecs messing up the Direct Show filter graph.
I have uninstalled most of my codecs but that didn't help either.

Doesn't Viegas Video use Direct Show as well?