PDA

View Full Version : A lot of frame errors

spawnerlista
18th February 2003, 13:10
I have checked a movie on the lastest VD and I got this message:

58119 frames masked (410 frames bad, 57709 frames good but undecodable)

After that, I have saved the movie as a new AVI. The original movie size is 720MB and the new is 450MB. I have tried to see the movie and the audio is delaied. Why it happens? How can I fix my movie without have this audio delay? I have to encode again?

Belgabor
18th February 2003, 15:09
Use either VDub 1.5.0 or the latest VDubMod CVS release with the alternate scanning method. Old VDub has a bug, it considers all frames defect after the first one found.

EDIT: Hm, these many bad frames dun bode well (iirc the bug yielded only undecompressable frames), so maybe my hint won't help.

spawnerlista
19th February 2003, 02:54
I have tried VD 1.5.0 and VDMod 1.4.13 and the same problem occurs.
Where I can get VDMod CVS releasE?

Belgabor
19th February 2003, 11:20
On our download page, at the bottom. Look at the file date to get the latest release, sf sorts them by name.

spawnerlista
19th February 2003, 12:17
Huummm, good. Yesterday, the download link is out of date.
I have tried too encode again the movie using Gordian Knot, but frame error when the first pass is working on Nandub. Let me try this CVS option. Thanks.

hakko504
19th February 2003, 12:24
Originally posted by Belgabor
On our download page, at the bottom. Look at the file date to get the latest release, sf sorts them by name. A very good way of avoiding sorting problems is to name files filename_YYMMDD.ext instead of filename_DDMMYY.ext ;)

Belgabor
19th February 2003, 13:20
Originally posted by hakko504
A very good way of avoiding sorting problems is to name files filename_YYMMDD.ext instead of filename_DDMMYY.ext ;)

I know, but then the latest one is still the last one, contary to normal sf release display policy ;)