PDA

View Full Version : InstantCopy: Enable OK button when size of dvd exceeds maximum allowed...

jamieo
17th February 2003, 13:19
Here's how to reenable the OK button when in the customize disc screen and the size exceeds the maximum allowed. This should be useful for those that are getting undersized output.

Just press F5 - yup simple as that! :)

Note: I haven't tested this fully, I just pressed OK and InstantCopy started doing it's thing. I quit shortly after that since I didn't want oversized output.

Also, I discovered this using the demo so I guess it should work for everyone who has the latest release.

Jamie

bimmel_id
17th February 2003, 13:50
Thumbs up for this TIPP!

It work's fine for 7.0.0.91 release!!!

:D

Bimmel

snowcrash
17th February 2003, 14:17
Works for me too, using the demo. Nice find!

(My first test DVD backup came out to 3.8 GB so I'll definitely be using the custom resize next time)

mikegun
17th February 2003, 14:56
thank you man, this is just great ...

regards,
mike

nydoofus
17th February 2003, 18:33
Awesome, just what I needed! Thanks

jamieo
18th February 2003, 12:12
Glad you all liked the tip fellas! :)

Jamie

dumb13
19th February 2003, 18:47
Folks,

Anyone with similar: F5 tip works great, in terms of reenabling the OK button, but than hitting the OK I get back the same window (infinite times), and in the red again..., so never can proceed - tried demo and retail (.91) also.

Even stranger, that after seeting up compression rate manually, and alread in green, hit OK, and it shoots me back to red again, visibly ingnoring my manual settings.

Is that possible, that IC sees it impossible to recompress this particular title, and so messing up?

Thanks for any note on this
Regards
dumb

Vini
20th February 2003, 00:40
whats the best size to "oversize" to, to give an output of ~4.5gb?

raptor79
20th February 2003, 07:09
I've use the custom setting for two movies, I set them at 4.5GB, (don't wanna push it too close) first size I got was 4,11GB and the second one was 4,26GB, normally i got them at 3,9GB, (way to low)

Hicky
20th February 2003, 10:32
Thansks for the tip....This can come in very handy..
One thing I`m wondering about though.
When I choose customized, and I enter the prewiev tab, and will select away some titles I dont want to have..
How can I prewiev the different titles?...
I assume the black right window is ment to prewiev the titles, but despite everything I do, it remains black..
In StarWars Episode 1, theres 19, and I want to get rid of some of them...

sidders
20th February 2003, 18:08
@Dumb13

I've had this happen to me on 1 title too. Just something about that particular film. All others have been fine. Mine was U2 - Best of 1990 - 2000. I had to select the movir to be about 3.5GB before it didn't shoot back into the red as soon as I pressed GO. Has anyone else found this on particular movies?

-=ViBeZ=-
21st February 2003, 00:04
Originally posted by dumb13
Folks,

Anyone with similar: F5 tip works great, in terms of reenabling the OK button, but than hitting the OK I get back the same window (infinite times), and in the red again..., so never can proceed - tried demo and retail (.91) also.

Even stranger, that after seeting up compression rate manually, and alread in green, hit OK, and it shoots me back to red again, visibly ingnoring my manual settings.

Is that possible, that IC sees it impossible to recompress this particular title, and so messing up?

Many people are noticing this bug including myself. I havnt seen anyone here come up with a solution yet. I hope pinnacle realise there is a problem & fix it.

DVD Maniac
21st February 2003, 13:20
Don't hold your breath. They are still trying to get the .91 version properly released and left hand does not know what right hand is doing if you catch my drift.

EZMD
21st February 2003, 20:05
I had a movie tell me it was over the size limit and pushed OK. The thing burned to the DVD+RW just fine but gave an error at the end of the DVD. Movie played fine but during the extras the behind the scenes was lost half way. Not really a big deal but be sure you aren't loosing anything when you override the warning.

jamieo
21st February 2003, 20:39
If you're going to trick instantcopy into encoding a dvd that it thinks will be too big then it's common sense to write it to an image file first so you have a chance to check the size (which I'm surprised ic doesn't do anyway!?!)

Jamie

Alan G
27th February 2003, 00:23
Hi guys

Can someone provide a link where to purchase or download the demo of IC.

Thanks!!!

enoch
27th February 2003, 12:50
try this link for the trial copy m8.

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/displaydoc.asp?product_id=1153&Langue_ID=2&doctype=113&templ=10113

Alan G
28th February 2003, 22:59
Thank you!

yomper
13th March 2003, 12:04
Just read this F5 trick i cant wait to try it out as i keep getting 3.99 or 4.07 gig files which is a waste.
ta very much

titvs
30th March 2003, 01:10
I'm also getting small outputs and since DVDR's are 4.5 gb we should take advantage of them all. Strangely, i have some DVD+R media from Verbatim and it's inscribed on it that it is of 4.7 gb. Now the diference is in the GB which can by Giga Byte or Giga Bit :p
I'm affraid to stretch the bar to 4.6 GB or near it and obtain something that doesnt fit on the DVD+R. I'll try with 4.5 and see :)

Titvs