PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a capture card

razmalaidogg
14th February 2003, 23:04
Hello

I would like to transfer video from my Mini DV camcorder via firewire and edit with Adobe Premiere 6.5 (so I would like to stick to capture cards which are compatible with Premiere 6.5)

I have a Pentium 4, 1.4 processor

Can anyone recommend a cheap capture card? I'm not looking to spend a lot if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance

Raz

yg1968
15th February 2003, 17:35
I am not sure that I understand your question. If you are capturing DV through firewire, you don't need a capture card. You can try capturing with DVIO or DVapp (freeware programs) and importing the DV avi file in Premiere.

bb
15th February 2003, 19:29
That's correct. All you need is a firewire card (a cheap OHCI compliant one), provided that you don't have onboard firewire. In the latter case you need nothing...

bb

midiguy
16th February 2003, 08:45
Originally posted by yg1968
I am not sure that I understand your question. If you are capturing DV through firewire, you don't need a capture card. You can try capturing with DVIO or DVapp (freeware programs) and importing the DV avi file in Premiere.
ummm, why don't you just capture directly from premiere? am I missing something?

yg1968
17th February 2003, 20:29
I don't use Premiere but I imagine that you can also capture from Premiere. But if that doesn't work for some reason, you can try these other programs.

Babeinternational
17th February 2003, 20:53
I use Premiere for everything, including capture, and I have no trouble using a simple FireWire card. There are no "Premiere not compliant" cards, as far as I know. As long as your camcorder is "on" before you start Premiere, it finds the capture card.