PDA

View Full Version : Using VSFILTER.DLL

Ácaro
13th February 2003, 13:38
I tried to use textsub() (Avisynth 2.5) and I notice that we only have 2 parameters to pass: subtitle file and character set. Frame rate is missing, and that's my problem.
The frame rate I need is 23.976 and textsub() always read the subs with a 25 frame rate, there for out of sync!

May be I'm doing something wrong.:(

Can Gabest or any one else help me on this?

Thanks in advance.

gabest
13th February 2003, 20:08
Well, I removed it because the framerate used is the framerate of the video source now (is it not 25fps?). If you have a subtitle already synced to the video and its framerate then you shouldn't have to worry about it, even when applying it in avisynth.

Ácaro
14th February 2003, 12:52
Thanks for the reply Gabest. But that's not the problem I have.

Let me try to explain this better:
- The subtitles are synchronize to 23.976
- The video is also 23.976 fps
- Using avisynth 207 with the latest release of vobsub all went well
(and I don't have to worry with the framerate)

Now, using avisynth 2.5 and textsub() from VSFILTER.DLL:
- Video is 23.976 fps
- Subtitles should be 23.976 fps too, but they are read with a framerate of 25 fps (I'm talking about "sub" format)

I tested that with virtualdub reading the "avs" (video and subs) and using also the textsub() plug-in simultaneously.

I'll hope my doubt is clear now.
Could you help me with this?

Thanks,

gabest
14th February 2003, 17:34
If the avi was 23.976 and textsub still uses 25fps then this is a bug... Are you sure textsub uses 25fps?

Ácaro
17th February 2003, 13:28
Yes, I'm sure for that example.
I'm going to try again with other 23.976 avi/subs. If you want, I'll post the results later this week.

Regards and thanks for the replies,

Ácaro
14th March 2003, 15:00
Hello Gabest,

I've tested several 23.976 avi/subs and some went write and some don't. Then, yesterday I found out the common denominator --> XviD

If the avi is encoded with XviD all went wrong, even with the new avisynth 2.5.1 and VSFILTER.DLL.

Have you got any ideas for more tests?
Maybe another XviD codec?

Regards

gabest
14th March 2003, 15:18
Get fourcc changer and modify 'xvid' to 'divx', then you can get around the xvid decompressor and test with divx5 if you have that too.

Dark-Cracker
14th March 2003, 21:38
@gabest
when do u think release a full v2.5 support for your nice filters ? (vobsub, textsub)

thank u :)

++

gabest
14th March 2003, 23:47
As most developers would say: "next week" :P

Dark-Cracker
15th March 2003, 18:11
hi,

happy to heard those great filters were been converted (a day :) ) for avs2.5 :)
just an another question, i have made some tests with the textsub filter (for avs 2.0.7) and it seems to me it need the vobsub.dll (same version than textsub version) file in the system directory , why can't it work in standalone mode ? do it same for vsfilter ?

bye.

gabest
15th March 2003, 18:33
Before vsfilter.dll I put everything into vobsub.dll and linked other progs/dlls to it. Now I use static libs and link whatever is needed into all binaries. The change was needed mainly because of the huge vc7 runtime dlls, they do not install with windows into the system dir like vc6 dlls do.

JimBryce
4th June 2003, 02:11
I noticed that this thread hasn't been posted to in quite a while but I hope it's still being watched since it seems from my searches like the best place to post my question (if I'm wrong, please let me know and I'll repost):(

Does there exist a FAQ, manual, or set of instructions for using "vsfilter.dll" anywhere? I've found some examples but they're not the same thing.

Being rather simple minded:D I was hoping there was something out there that explains what is included in "vsfilter.dll" (e.g. list of filters, switches) and more detailed explanations of using it--hopefully something like "Step 1", "Step 2", etc.

Thank you!:)

ciper
4th June 2003, 23:52
Hi there to all .. ;)

I've also noticed this subtitle sync problem in avisynth .. and not only with XVID .. i have this problem also with a divx 3 encoded movie ..

The movie is also at 23.976 fps and has respective syncronized subs..
(becoming desyncronized in avisynth)

One way i found to sync the subs in avisynth is using this:

AssumeFPS(25.000,true)

this will serve the movie as if it was 25 fps

and voila .. subtitles synched .. ;)
(thus supporting your theory Ácaro, that the subs are served at 25 fps)

Bad news is that this doesn't work everytime .. there are more factors behind it that don't make this a fullproof solution (if can be considered as one)

btw .. i'm trying to make SVCS out of my Divxs/Xvids using permanent Subs and serve it to CCE (my player doesn't support BMP subs) ... I'm not feeling like reencoding the whole damn movie again, it's nonsense a waste of time and worses the quality

Another question .. where do i control the size of the subs when serving them in AviSynth?