PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle PCTV Deluxe USB?

jacobjef
9th February 2003, 08:15
Has anyone tried Pinnacles PCTV USB capture card? I've read good things about the pci version, wonder what people think or have experienced with the USB version?

Shayne
16th February 2003, 02:18
Avoid USB and Pinnacle Try internal it will be less headaches and for pity sake DONT touch Pinnacle. This company will not give you any support and has no feeling what so every about the costumer. If you have a problem or your hardware doesnt work well id say your plum out of luck with Pinnacle.

jacobjef
16th February 2003, 09:01
Thanks shayne. I really prefer to do any capturing through my desktop, but I thought I'd also consider something that is USB 2.0 to use when away. I had the Sony 500 external dvd writer and it was a serious headache, so I think I'll hold off on anything external for the time being

Shayne
16th February 2003, 14:39
This link may help http://www.vcdhelp.com/capturecards and read the faq in this form ..... I hear external Canopus ADVC-100 is good but me i would wait for the technology to evolve right now $$$$. Try a good pci tv tuner card for 50 to 100 $ it should get you started.

The Conexant chip set seems to be a plus and many cheap cards have it.