PDA

View Full Version : Sub animation ect.

archon231
5th February 2003, 15:40
If your familiar with fansubs (anime, subbed by fans ^_^) then u'll know what i'm talking about. I am trying to learn how all the amazing effects are made, i have merely learned how to animate the subs, but there are many more things that can be done, but i dont know how to do it ^_^;

First of all something simple, fading, how is this performed through the TextSub.vdf filter (.ssa format) i have seen the command and tried to get it to work (from the vobsub assquickref.txt) but with no avail. So, that is my first question is that, simply, how do i perform a fade. If anyone has see, for example Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (from Anime-Kraze) then they will know what i mean by a sort of shine (like photoshop's solarflare) that will scroll across, like karaoke, the letters, then leaveing them as they started.

-Thanx, any help is great ^_^ especially ref links ;)

Zarxrax
5th February 2003, 22:49
The documentation explains how to use fade quite simply, what part are you having trouble with? All you do is, say for example I have a line where the text is "Hi there!", and I want it to fade in over 1 second, then fade out over 1 second, then I would just write it like {\fad(1000,1000)}Hi there!

To do the shining thing, you just need to use karaoke on the line like normal. Then have another line exactly the same right on top of it with the karaoke offset to different times, and adjust the colors so that the main color on this line is transparent, and the karaoke color is the main color of the original line. Sorry if thats a little hard to follow, I don't have any examples to show you and it would be too time consuming for me to write up an example.

archon231
6th February 2003, 01:49
Thanx, i think i get what ur saying, i'll try some stuff out. Actually i dont know how to make the subs transparent ^_^; wanted to know how to do that too :P thanx though ^_^

*edit* actually i only need help making em transparent now ^_^ got all the animation/fading stuff undercontrol ^_^ thanx.