PDA

View Full Version : subrip always wrong offset??

toolman2k
2nd February 2003, 13:03
hi all,

ive been ripping for a while now, started with subrip 1.13, then 1.14 and now 1.15..but almost everytime i rips the subs (to bmp) they dont have the same times as the original dvd.

when i play the dvd itself..i watch for the time when first subitle appears, when i rip it it should start at that time,but it doesnt, it always off by 2,3 or sometimes even more seconds.

is this subrip or something else? i really hate it cause everytime i have to check whether theyre ok, and if not time correct them....while i used to just let it rip and it was fine.

rolonzos2
3rd February 2003, 09:18
This is most likely caused by the way the DVD is written, compared with how you've converted it. The time you see it apear on the screen when watching the DVD is probably timed from the beginning of the movie.
The way it's timed from when you rip, it probably comes from the beginning of the VOBs. This would include things like the company logos and such, which would off-set the subtitle times.

toolman2k
3rd February 2003, 10:42
Originally posted by rolonzos2
This is most likely caused by the way the DVD is written, compared with how you've converted it. The time you see it apear on the screen when watching the DVD is probably timed from the beginning of the movie.
The way it's timed from when you rip, it probably comes from the beginning of the VOBs. This would include things like the company logos and such, which would off-set the subtitle times.

i thought so too....but it happens alot more lately than before with older version...so i was just wondering.