PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Colors in SubRip 1.15

FilipeAmadeuO
1st February 2003, 10:53
Iīve beem using subrip at almost 6 months and with this new version (1.15) the background colour is red instead of white (Scenarist output) . I think the others colour are also wrong.
Can it be fixed ?? I tried but i didnīt do it.

zuggy
2nd February 2003, 06:34
Have you test it in Scenarist to be bad?

Since the v1.15 the colors have been changed to be the same as in output for Maestro. Scenarist must not have the white background etc. It can be overriden by the .sst script.

FilipeAmadeuO
2nd February 2003, 13:12
Can you change it in the next version ????
Because version 1.14 works fine. Everything is Ok.
But in 1.15 the background is red instead of white. And i think the font colour is also wrong.

zuggy
2nd February 2003, 14:22
I have one little question to you: "Have you test it in *Scenarist* to be bad?".

As I've written, not only the bmp colors were changed, the color mapping too to comply the changes. I will try it too in Scenarist, if accidently something bad happened.

FilipeAmadeuO
2nd February 2003, 17:16
I tried in Scenarist and the red background is present.

zuggy
2nd February 2003, 17:29
ok, try to tweak the PA, E1, E2, BG values in your sst script till next release will be released.

Eyes`Only
3rd February 2003, 19:25
Zuggy.. if you are going forward with another rls.. could you please pop up a window while CLI sub processing is going on, and close it when it is finished, so that my program can determine when subrip has finished it's business? Right now if I play with Subrip CLI in a frontend, it will open multiple instances of Subrip, because it thinks the previous one finished. Thanks!

zuggy
4th February 2003, 08:03
FilipeAmadeuO: Yes, there is a bug in the PA, E1, E2, BG tags (2 of them are messed up). And additionally read the info about Palette in doc.txt.

Eyes`Only: Why you just don't test, if SubRip is running? I think no popup is needid, if you don't start SubRip while it is present in memory.

Eyes`Only
5th February 2003, 23:47
Zuggy,

Several problems with that method. The biggest being: what if a standalone version is running independent of DoItFast4U? Getting a handle of the process requires using class id or process name (class id usually) and it would pull up the first instance running. This could cause issues if there's already another version running, as you can see. There's other reasons why not having a popup is a bad thing, but this is just one of the few. Please put a popup screen, even if you decided to make it optional it would still help .I wouldnt mind invoking it with /popup=yes or something. But not having it does and will create problems now and in the future, that's why all CLI programs I've ever used have one (vobsub for example, when invoked by CLI pops up a progress bar giving us an idea of how long it's going to take, as well as how far it has done).

Thanks,

Eyes

zuggy
6th February 2003, 06:40
To prevent the 1st issue I will allow only 1 instance.

But still I don't understand your popup window idea. SubRip has an window in cli mode, but it is minimized, as you see.

I don't know much about VC++, but FindWindow command is IMHO Win32 API.

if FindWindow(nil,"SubRip 1.15")!=0 {
SubRip is running
}else

And the progress is shown in the minimized state on the bar.

ookzDVD
6th February 2003, 06:46
@zuggy,

I think the latest SubRip 1.15 is the must have version ;)

Eyes`Only
6th February 2003, 07:22
Originally posted by zuggy
But still I don't understand your popup window idea. SubRip has an window in cli mode, but it is minimized, as you see.

Hmmm in my test it didnt have a minimized window.. I'll have to test more I guess. If it has a minimized window then there's no worries, and there's no need to limit to 1 instance. The only real issue I have now is this new color scheme.. It really messes up taking an .srt and converting to .ssa, which is something I need to do occasionally. Now, since you took away our ability to choose the colors of the subs (a feature which many are complaining about in #doom9, as we don't always LIKE the original colors, and liked the ability to choose our own), the colors end up as 0,0,0,0 when you open an .srt and convert to another format. Any chance we could get back that functionality we once had? You've taken away something that was one of the PROs of your program.

TRILIGHT
6th February 2003, 07:58
Originally posted by Eyes`Only
Now, since you took away our ability to choose the colors of the subs (a feature which many are complaining about in #doom9, as we don't always LIKE the original colors, and liked the ability to choose our own), the colors end up as 0,0,0,0 when you open an .srt and convert to another format. Any chance we could get back that functionality we once had? You've taken away something that was one of the PROs of your program.

I agree, this is a huge step back for Scenarist users. It was one of the few things that gave SubRip a leg up over SubResync. With this functionality gone, it's lost a huge feature that was a "pro" for many users. Version 1.14 is now the only version of value to Scenarist users.

Eyes`Only
6th February 2003, 08:40
Well I wouldn't say it's the 'only' version, but definitely the preferred one because it gives us versatility and doesn't force us to accept one set of colors and one set of colors only. Versatility is a good thing :D

zuggy
7th February 2003, 06:33
Have you ever tried "Custom Colors and Contrast"? What's wrong on this feature?

For subtitles, that colors/contrast are changing in the movie, SubRip 1.14 produces wrong output.