PDA

View Full Version : How can I synch Subs to a DVD

Vigge
26th January 2003, 14:33
What is the best way to synch subs to a DVD

I`ve got an R1 DVD and I want to add some Extra Subs from the R2 version. I found the subs in SRT-format on the net but they are out of synch!!!

What can I do? :(

ppera2
27th January 2003, 15:38
Read little about framerates at R1 (NTSC) R2 (PAL) DVD's, download some subtitle tool from download section and you will find the way.

Josip Tosic
27th January 2003, 18:39
Or, you can forget about FPS and get Subtitle Workshop (http://urusoft.cjb.net/); it's "Adjust subtitles" feature, compliments of yours truly :cool:, let's you sync subtitles without the need to fiddle with framerates (if you choose a time dependant output format like SubRip, SubViewer...).

Vigge
27th January 2003, 23:32
Well I hoped that there were a program like Subtitle Workshop that could load the Vob-files or something....

gabest
28th January 2003, 01:31
Try my player, media player classic. If you can play dvd with it (having the right decoders installed), then you can also sync the subtitles, it has a little editor built in it.

Vigge
31st January 2003, 01:48
I tried it and it worked. I made a d2v-file and loadet that into Mplayer Classic and synched my SSA-file and then converted it into a SON-file in MaestroSBT.
But....
But when I loadet the SON-file into meastro the subs were only in synch at the start and behind at the end of the movie.

I think it might have something to do with the framerate... DVD2AVI said 23.976 but maestro writes 29.97.

Both the SSA-file and the SON-File uses HH:MM:SS . Thats why I think the framerate might not have anything to do with it after all.

Help me someone Please....:confused:

gabest
31st January 2003, 13:14
But....
But when I loadet the SON-file into meastro the subs were only in synch at the start and behind at the end of the movie.Are you sure it was in sync with d2v in the middle of it, too?

Vigge
31st January 2003, 17:03
Yes I`ve just checked it again.