PDA

View Full Version : Subtitles out of sync after some time with the DVD

mhz
25th January 2003, 08:47
I prepare a movie (Palp Fiction and the Siege) according to Doom9’s “ dvd-9 to dvd-5 full copy….” Ripping the subs with Subrip v1.14 all settings according to the guide.
After authoring the DVD with DVDmaestro while playing the movie, at the beginning the SUBs are perfectly sync ,but, after some time the sync is lost ( the SUBs are late ) .
Toward the end of the movie it become really bed.
Tx for the help
Miki

mhz
26th January 2003, 13:14
:(

Vigge
26th January 2003, 14:29
Maby at some point in the ripping prosses the framerate of the Subs were changed. Normaly the framerate of the movie is 23.976. When you rip the subs be sure they have the same framerate maby you changed it somehow.... :D

I hope this will take care of your problem...

Sherlock Holmes
30th January 2003, 08:19
You know
I have this problem also.
I tried everything but there was no luck to solve it.
In fact I think it is a bug in subrip.
Anybody help ?

zuggy
2nd February 2003, 06:52
mhz: Your DVDs are NTSC? Then use pulldown.exe (again) and set the dropframe to true. How-to and why you read in pulldown's readme.

mhz
3rd February 2003, 14:38
I did follow doom9's "dvd-9 to dvd-5 full copy..." guide using pulldown with -true for the secund run etc. ,but,no lack :(
I'm about to give-up using this guide for NTSC DVDs.
Anyone know the solution to my problem before I'll move to DVD2ONE with no menues :confused:
Tx.
Miki

Vigge
3rd February 2003, 16:44
You could open your D2V-file in Media Player Classic an also your subs and resynch.
It’s really easy just synch one line at the start of the movie and one line at the end of the movie and then the whole sub will be in synch.
I also used the same guide as you but I skipped the whole pulldown thing... :D

zuggy
4th February 2003, 08:22
mhz: And did you set the DropFrame to true in SubRip too? I think it's not checked by default.

The desynch is caused, because the movie is 29.970 fps and the subtitles 30 fps. I'm not in NTSC region, but there could help to change the fps of subs to 29.970. I can add this "feature" in next rls. but don't know if it help.