PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars alien subtitles

framerman
21st January 2003, 18:39
I've seen this question asked before, but not really answered. I think I might have an idea as to how to do it, but I need confirmation.

Star Wars episode 1 & 2 both are missing the subtitles for the alien languages. This is a permanent subtitle for the movie and there are only a couple per movie. I'm thinking that I missed ripping a thread of subtitles somewhere that I should have saved along with the regular subtitles.

What I was wondering is if anyone could tell me where to find the permanent subtitles on the disc for both movies. And how do I author these onto my disc. Is it something simple, or do I just reencode the whole movie all over again? Or is there an easy way to make some subtitles just for these two movies?

Tano
22nd January 2003, 02:31
Use a program called 'Subrip'. Theres a link on the doom9 software page i think.

Use subrip and open your movie vob's, then a list of subtitles appear and you can choose which ones you want to rip.

You must open the options menu and then the global options menu and click the checkbox that says 'forced subtitiles only'.

There are a few posts in this forum about your problem so try using the search button.

p.s I have starwars Ep 1 (Pal Region 4) and for some reason i couldnt find the forced subtitles (alien speech). Probably a mistake on my part.